• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best power steering box options

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Personally I would get a rebuild kit from NAPA and give it a try yourself. The complete kit is around $45 and a seal kit is about $20. Power steering boxes are pretty simple and straight forward and you might surprise yourself and rebuild it yourself for $50! If you can't get things back together or find damage that you don't feel confident to repair, THEN send it out for a rebuild....

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Personally I would get a rebuild kit from NAPA and give it a try yourself. The complete kit is around $45 and a seal kit is about $20. Power steering boxes are pretty simple and straight forward and you might surprise yourself and rebuild it yourself for $50! If you can't get things back together or find damage that you don't feel confident to repair, THEN send it out for a rebuild....

I agree. Rebuilidng a steering box is really pretty easy. I was a little intimidated by it when I started, but it was simple. Just wished I knew it leaked BEFORE I installed it. Ha, ha...