• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cable/hydraulic clutch conversion

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
look over at mustangsteve.com at his cable conversion for older mustangs

OP
OP
M

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
ok so i checked out that article but he lost me with how he made his bracket setup for the cylinder work. pictures where not to clear. the questions i have is why couldn't you make it just push the fork in instead of pulling. and is there a certain cylinder to use for different style clutches being some can be really heavy to actuate. and the other question is what do you do with the pedal as far as how far it travels in. do you make a stop so you don't over extend the linkage and put extreme loads on the cylinder. does it travel in as much as the stock pedal and go to the floor. these are just some questions i have been thinking about that are not covered in the article. anyone do a cable setup?

OP
OP
M

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
ok looked over at the mustang setup. the pedal thing looks like it wouldn't be such a big deal but the other end down at the bellhousing looks like that could be a disaster if you don't have a tranny out to mock evrything up. the hydraulic setup is way easier from what it looks like to me anyway.