• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cheaper Wiper Motors

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Do you run one motor per blade or does it go in and replace the orig. motor and use our inside arms.
...Show us a picture of yours. and some write up. of what it took.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
These motors are marine motors. While I can not attest to the quality of the ebay version I can give you a bit of insight into the wildhorses one. The ebay one does look "skinnier"

I am 6'5" and the whole wiper linkage I had going on was a distraction that I really did not want right at eye level. I always felt like there was a locomotive in front of me. That is the reason why I switched.

These types of motors basically power one wiper, so you will need two of them. The wildhorses version is produced by AFI Marine. Its the heavy duty version. The benefit of getting them from WH is that they are an exact fit to our rigs. Too many options when ordering from AFI. The issue with having two individual motors is that they will not be synchronized 90% of the time. That in itself is quite annoying. Wildhorses also sells a switch that synchronizes the motors, provides 2 speeds as well as various intermittent options which is quite nice. The switch also takes care of the washer fluid. The entire switch fits in the same hole as ARB switches.

The wiper power is vastly superior to the standard motor setup I had before. The high speed is also faster. Ive had the opportunity to drive through several storms (4" rain dumped over the course of a couple hours) and this wiper setup performs quite nicely!! While the entire setup is not cheap, I think its money well spent.

I just took pics. Sorry they are of poor quality. Cellphone in a dark garage.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 70
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 67

brocken

Loc.
Seattle
That AFI motor pictured is the same in another vendors kit.
I don't know if it was my luck or an indication of the quality but I had one motor start grinding after an hour or so of useage.

OP
OP
A

austinbrose

Two speed with self parking and 4 way adjustable sweep. One wiper per motor. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
in the marine business for 23 years and they have been using those type motors for years. that also make some nice plastic covers for them. beware some of those motors do not have a park position so you will have to time turning the switch off at the right time. you can also remove the square cover and adjust the sweep degrees.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
If they don't sweep back and fourth together ..and you have to time turning them off .How do you get both to stop at the top at the same time.

jpopsbronco

Loc.
Irvine, CA
That AFI motor pictured is the same in another vendors kit.
I don't know if it was my luck or an indication of the quality but I had one motor start grinding after an hour or so of useage.

Based on your username, I would say it is probably your luck :)

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
If they don't sweep back and fourth together ..and you have to time turning them off .How do you get both to stop at the top at the same time.

I use a synchronizing switch. Without it you just have to wait until the wipers are in synchronized motion for that brief time for you to shut it off.

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
most marine apps are on single two position toggle switch or rocker switch so you can either run just one or both. so you run them both and turn them off when the one that is not wired single shuts off at the top then you run the single one and shut it off at the top.