• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Condensation" on hydroboost hoses

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Noticed something odd on the low-pressure hoses of my hydroboost - "condensation". These hoses seem to be seeping hydraulic fluid - there are no leaks or ruptures in the hoses, but there is a small puddle on the garage floor - the Bronco has sat for a couple of months. I think I need to replace the lines - any suggestions for a replacement line? IMG_3838.JPG
IMG_3839.JPG

Wrightracing

I would suggest checking the fittings for leaks. I don't know if they are o-ring fittings, that can leak sometimes.

When I get around to the hydroboost, I plan to have professional lines made for the 2010 Superduty system I have for mine. I just see so many problems with reusable hose fitting, so I want to stay away from where I can. Even my ram assist lines will be custom made professional hydraulic lines. Swivel connections are also part of plan.

David

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
Rubber heater hose is never acceptable for oil. Hopefully you’ve caught this before it’s fully deteriorated internally and sent bits of rubber through your pump PS system.

OP
OP
Waverous

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Rubber heater hose is never acceptable for oil. Hopefully you’ve caught this before it’s fully deteriorated internally and sent bits of rubber through your pump PS system.
Yep, that's it! I "thought" I was using PS hose when I grabbed some out of my hose pile. I wasn't paying attention and convinced myself I was using PS hose when I wasn't I screwed up! It's like losing your glasses on top of your head. It's all replaced now and All is better - mea culpa, mea culpa

Thanks