• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Confirmed! Bronco to return by 2020!

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Count me in as 19 or whatever.

BTW, a Toyota Landcruiser starting price is what again? From their website, $84,000 to start.

This new thing is going to need to be way closer to the Troller than the European Ranger or a Land Cruiser. One comment concerns me a little, "SUV sized". A jeep is at the bottom of the SUV sized vehicle. A Land cruiser and Suburban are top end. Don't blow this Ford or it will flop like the Excursion.

OP
OP
Okie69

Okie69

Contributor
84k to start?! I don't understand how the base model can be that expensive, it makes me weary about the future of the Bronco.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Count me in as 19 or whatever.

BTW, a Toyota Landcruiser starting price is what again? From their website, $84,000 to start.

This new thing is going to need to be way closer to the Troller than the European Ranger or a Land Cruiser. One comment concerns me a little, "SUV sized". A jeep is at the bottom of the SUV sized vehicle. A Land cruiser and Suburban are top end. Don't blow this Ford or it will flop like the Excursion.

A Toyota Land Cruiser is not nearly in the same market as we are talking here. The FJ Cruiser was $32K new when they introduced it.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hope Ford is not talking the landcruiser'esque either but their words belie our hope. Ford has learned they do very well with High end vehicles, Raptor, Mustang, etc. I don't think they are going to offer a Ford Focus priced Bronco. The used words like not "going to get it wrong" and "no compromise offroad vehicle". Sounds pricey.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Ford says they do not want to get the Bronco wrong, but did they want to get the last generation of T-bird wrong?

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
#1. Rustytruck
#2. half cab
#3. Okie69
#4. Crush
#5. Blubuckaroo
#6. El Kabong
#7. sriha
#8. tasker......think I can find the time!
#9 Scoop
#10 Bronconut73
#11. Joe473
#12. Gns
#13. Agboy91
#14. Okie4570
#15 Rydog1130
#16 Skiddy... have plenty of time and will travel QUOTE]
#17 Bax
#18 3.8SC Bronco
#19 73azbronco
#20 Franko .... in white ... I buy it ! ;)

Attachments

• ford-bronco-concept-sj.jpg
    ford-bronco-concept-sj.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

clarrance

Bronco Guru
#1. Rustytruck
#2. half cab
#3. Okie69
#4. Crush
#5. Blubuckaroo
#6. El Kabong
#7. sriha
#8. tasker......think I can find the time!
#9 Scoop
#10 Bronconut73
#11. Joe473
#12. Gns
#13. Agboy91
#14. Okie4570
#15 Rydog1130
#16 Skiddy... have plenty of time and will travel
#17 Bax
#18 3.8SC Bronco
#19 73azbronco
#20 Franko .... in white ... I buy it ! ;)[/QUOTE]

#21 Clarrance, and I'll take one in black.

sriha

84k to start?! I don't understand how the base model can be that expensive, it makes me weary about the future of the Bronco.

At that price maybe I won't be able to get a second Bronco:eek:

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Put me down (if I can get away) as number 23? or what ever we are up to.;)

#23. ared77

Juiceman

Contributor
that orange concept is excellent, but the price tag might be too rich.... that being said, some of the "specialty" trucks are getting up there in price

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
that orange concept is excellent, but the price tag might be too rich.... that being said, some of the "specialty" trucks are getting up there in price

I wish they would get rid of the wrap around lights and put in the original style side markers. Then this one would look "OK".

Juiceman

Contributor
I wish they would get rid of the wrap around lights and put in the original style side markers. Then this one would look "OK".

My daughter just pointed out the same thing....yes, it looks like a Bronco, but they need to do something with the lights......

Good point. I guess I was comparing this rendering with the previous ones which I thought were "unbuyable"