• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Confirmed! Bronco to return by 2020!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The most common reason for using more gears is to compensate for less power.
This is why bicycles have 20 or 30 speed gear sets.

Oh now....Don't get negative....
I am seeing the 10 speed with the 2.7 and/or 3.5 Ecoboost V6 engines.

They are strong. My wife's AWD SHO Taurus is freaking frighteningly quick for a damn grocery getter.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I have a 6-speed auto in my 2017 Tacoma and it has 2 too many gears. I can't even imagine a 10-speed auto.%)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The most common reason for using more gears is to compensate for less power.
This is why bicycles have 20 or 30 speed gear sets.

The reason for more gears is the modern engine's narrow power/efficiency band. It's to increase mileage.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
2020 is a long ways off and I've kinda lost interest..........:p

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I want a v8, removable top, manual transmission.......but I could live without them. It must have solid axles, I'll have an incredibly hard time buying one without solid axles.

That video makes it sound like it's going to be a two door Ranger with a camper shell and a rear seat.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
That video makes it sound like it's going to be a two door Ranger with a camper shell and a rear seat.
you know it will be very similar, since both will be coming out at the same time.
Who want's to bet money that they DO NOT have solid axles

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
A half heard, half understood comment about Dana-Spicer building the drivetrain, made while the listeners were distracted by watching the sold girl in those pants?
.............and everyone is dancing in the streets shouting 'Solid axles! Solid axles!'.

Dana also made the TTB axles which were used in Broncos from 1980 through 1996 and every Bronco II that was built.

You remember the Bronco II?
They were built on the Ranger platform.

Skiddy, it's not nice to take advantage with a sucker bet like that, but I'd take some of that action too.

Jaxgtc

I think that the Ford Troller is the perfect competition for the Jeep. Loosely base a new bronco design on that and you have something!
I get it, every 10th vehicle I see on the road in suburbia is a Wrangler, the key is that 98% of them will never see anything but asphalt. The market is off road looks and on road comfort. I'm good with that.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I get it, every 10th vehicle I see on the road in suburbia is a Wrangler, the key is that 98% of them will never see anything but asphalt. The market is off road looks and on road comfort. I'm good with that.

When they started making 2wd wranglers, you knew they jumped the shark for offroad.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the EB's and the Wrangler were such that they were easy to customize to fit anyone's needs. Lift, big tires, bumpers, doors on/off, roof rack, winch, etc. I hope the new Bronco allows for these transformations even if it is just to crawl the mall. If an owner can't customize them I think the fad will fade quickly.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I think the EB's and the Wrangler were such that they were easy to customize to fit anyone's needs. Lift, big tires, bumpers, doors on/off, roof rack, winch, etc. I hope the new Bronco allows for these transformations even if it is just to crawl the mall. If an owner can't customize them I think the fad will fade quickly.

That'll void your warranty. :eek:

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
An interesting note that I had not heard before was in this month's 4WOR. Apparently Callum, the chief of design for Ford, is "no fan of retro." Which the 4WOR editors take to mean that the new Bronco is unlikely to be a "throw back" in design. Given that a modular, easily modified trail type machine is almost by definition a throw back in basic design, this sounds like what?

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
An interesting note that I had not heard before was in this month's 4WOR. Apparently Callum, the chief of design for Ford, is "no fan of retro." Which the 4WOR editors take to mean that the new Bronco is unlikely to be a "throw back" in design. Given that a modular, easily modified trail type machine is almost by definition a throw back in basic design, this sounds like what?
more speculation;D