• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cowl pannel/ windshield frame support

bronco_boy_66

Loc.
Indiana
I cant find a piece I need. It is a channel that goes under the cowl pannels, to support them, and goes all the way up behind the hood (which bolts into it) and then up to the windsheild frame. I looked at a couple places and couldn't find it, does anyone have any idea where I could get it?

OP
OP
B

bronco_boy_66

Loc.
Indiana
No, thoes aren't what I need. I already ordered thoes. I need the channel piece that goes under thoes, and it goes all the way up behind the hood and the windsheild hooks to it. It goes the whole width of the truck, under the window frame. Jeff doesn't have it.

67ster

Bronco Guru
Make a pattern of it and go to a sheet metal or fab. shop that has a shear and brake .

Synds9

Loc.
San Diego, CA
oh i see, well that's an easy piece to make man. get some 16 guage sheet metal, lay it on the edge of a bench then hit it with a mallet boom done

OP
OP
B

bronco_boy_66

Loc.
Indiana
we have a 4' brake and a 3' sheer, but i didnt know if i could make it or not. i'll see what the old man can do!

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
to me the difficult part of the repair would be getting everything to align properly if you replaced that entire section. with all of the angles and surfaces, cutting and measuring properly seems as if it could get quite involved to do it properly.

is it possible you could get by just replacing sections of the panel you have and not have to remove one of the key support sections of the bronco?

ballistic64

Loc.
Piedmont , SD
That piece your talking about is pictured in JBG's catalog but its still not available at this time.In thier catalog its just listed as
COMING SOON,but not soon enough,I need one too!