• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need help in lower mich./kick pannel and cowl not lining up with doors

G

ive got this 74 bronco which someone replaced the kick pannels and made up thier own door post out of 1/4 steel,when i got it thier was no windshield frame,but i didnt think that to be a problem at the time,he also put new rockers in but ne inners.<br> i took the doors off and put a windshied into it and drove it as much as i could ,had many other problems,this viehicle was park for about 4 yrs,it had 6in lift /huge coil springs with no flex and 38in tires.<br> i took it down to a 3 1/2 with 33in tires.<br>but when it was time to put the doors back on they wouldnt line up with the windshield fram at all.<br>i measured and every thing was out of wack,it need new floors anyway so i cut everything out that he did bought all new metal pieces and measued other bronc's for a reference.<br>still cant seem to line up the front door edge where it is supposed to go.anyone near lower mich,that can just take a look at what ive got and point me in the right direction?<br>

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I can't come to your house, I live in N.Y. If you e-mail or instant message Wzbell , I just sent him some pretty good measurements and a drawing of just about anything you will need to know. I'm sure he will e-mail it to you if you ask. All the measurements are from a unrusted, unrepaired bronco and should be very close. I'm sure they will get you to where you need to be.

cobranco

Loc.
Zeeland,MI
I'm in Holland and have a '75. Post where you live and maybe someone close will contact you.<br><br>(prime@egl.net)

alex69eb

Loc.
dearborn, michigan
Broncoed in Dearborn, HELL I'm in Dearborn Heights. Cool, You don't work for Ford also do you. Anyway I'm in dearborn heights if you need a visual.

OP
OP
G

I'm In Dearborn and do work for Ford as well!! LOL. Give me a call or drop me you r numbers. I'm not the original poster of the alignment issue, however, I'm doing my floors on my 74 at the moment and surely could use some advice!! I'm at extension 85074 at the ECC building right off Rotunda Dr.! (CDSisd is: ecamez) cheers!<br><br>Ed<br><br>[quote author=alex69eb link=board=5;threadid=14212;start=0#107060 date=1045071318]<br>Broncoed in Dearborn, HELL I'm in Dearborn Heights. Cool, You don't work for Ford also do you. Anyway I'm in dearborn heights if you need a visual. <br>[/quote]

OP
OP
G

thanks for all the responses,except the 2nd and thd ones i dont know where those cam from nor do i care.<br> what i really need is another set of eyes to look at what ive got to and tell me what i need to do. im wondering if when he replaced the rockers they were'nt alighened back up proportly to the front floor brace,thus giving my measurements from the floor to bottom of dash measument off.<br> i live in adrian , which is south of ann arbhor

OP
OP
G

well this is in regards of my last repley,i meant that first part to go with another repley i was writting for another topic,so sorry for any confusion,just fruastrated...