• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 20 Rear drive output housing

mnido

My internals on my Dana 20 appear to be in excllent shape. I see little, to no wear on anything. I don't plan on taking apart the rear drive output, but would like to clean it up. Do you see an issue with soaking it in a cleaning solvent up to the bottom of the flange seal ?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Some of the speedo drive gears are plastic. If yours is it may not like soaking in solvent. If you feel any looseness between the shaft and housing it should be taken apart and at least re-shimmed.

OP
OP
mnido

mnido

Thanks, won’t soak just clean it. I think this D 20 has been rebuilt and not abused. It appears to be in excellent condition. Other than the fact I drove the idler shaft out the wrong direction..idiot.:mad: