• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Discreet High Quality Sound System?

thtierney

Loc.
Chicago
Hello- I'm restoring a '77 Bronco Sport with the goal of it looking all-original. The one update I'd like to make is the sound system. I'll be installing a RetroSound Bluetooth unit, but would love some input/advice on speakers to install that won't ruin the original look of the interior.

I'll be putting factory style door panels and rear quarter panels in, but don't really want to cut holes for speakers. Is mounting speakers under the dash and under the rear seat a good option? Would love to hear any input on speakers to buy and installation location from people who've had success here. High sound quality is a priority. Thanks in advance!

Tim

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm using retro sound for dash, day to day, hands free stuff. If I want sound, I will use my center console Kenwood head unit tied through a high end Pioneer amp to speakers in 1/4 panels, subwoofer enclosure behind seat.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
They make plastic or fiberglass kick panels for mounting speakers. Theres also roll bar mount speaker set ups