• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Passenger fold/slide seat bracket ideas for Besttop Trailmax II high back seats?

1buckeyefan1

So I'm finally getting around to the stage of building seat brackets for my Besttop Trailmax II seats. I like the fact that they're high-back and they align nicely with my Krawlers Edge cage+seatbelts. The problem (that many others have faced also) is access to the rear seat without the factory fold/flip/latch method?

I really like what Duff/Lick Creek did with this one.. but it's been saying OOS/Coming soon for almost a year now.. I haven't bothered to call them yet and ask why (redesign, no demand/supply?) It's also pushing $700+ after shipping/tax that I could put elsewhere. The cost includes that i'd need a set of EB driver sliders too (I already have the Besttop sliders)

https://dufftuff.com/product/lick-c...old-and-tumble-seat-bracket-for-early-bronco/

I'm considering adopting an old J**P YJ bracket.. it has a bend in the inner foot though that would require some fab work on a different mounting method.. but would line up nicely with the Trailmax Seats. I assume this is where LC got their inspiration. I really like though how it sits in a forward position w/out having to fold/tumble.. which works with a high-back seat.

Does anyone else have a creative solution for retrofitting high-back seats and still getting access to the rear? I found a few mention's of an old ToddZ / Bronco II posting, but most of it seems to have been lost to time (the site is gone). I also saw a few posts about a full-size seat flip.

I'm not afraid of fab work and have access to a plasma burn table for a short period of time. Just looking for inspiration!

Attachments

• passenger seat.jpg
    passenger seat.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 22
  • jeep YJ bracket.jpg
    jeep YJ bracket.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 22
  • YJ flip seat.png
    YJ flip seat.png
    585.7 KB · Views: 22

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
That push forward bracket looks like one from a bronco II but I may be wrong about the application?
I recall Todd Z used something similar originally on his seats, and used to have a write up on AZclassicbroncos when they had a tech section up.

OP
OP
1buckeyefan1

1buckeyefan1

That push forward bracket looks like one from a bronco II but I may be wrong about the application?
I recall Todd Z used something similar originally on his seats, and used to have a write up on AZclassicbroncos when they had a tech section up.
Yep, that's the link that has since gone dead. The one above is actually a YJ + screenshot from an install video. would appreciate if anyone had Todd's old BroncoII pictures. But the YJ brackets are readily available on ebay (plus should fit the trailmax seats well)