• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

earliest complete Bronco in existence

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey 77, it's all a mystery to me!!!

From what I have read there were:
23,776 EB's built in 1966
12,756 - U15 Wagons
6,930 - U 14 Pickups
4,090 - U13 Roadsters

The Vin #'s were 732,001 thru 914,000 which equals 181,999 vin #'s. So someone could have the youngest 13, 14 or 15.

What vin # did the eye brow grille stop with?;D ;D

I kinda wondered how the production was laid out, did they make some each week or month or what??? How did the trucks get inserted into the build thing??%) %)

Stamp

Loc.
San Diego, CA
I don't know if this is the right forum, but Question:

Didn't they also build broncos out of the San Jose Plant, starting in 1965 or 66? My dad was a FORD dealer back then, and I remember telling him that the these trucks would outsell the mustangs. Well not quite. Some of the first lots were for the US Forestry Service. All rag-tops 6-cyl 3 speed with 4:11's - Green of course. They all had a warning sticker advising not to drive over 60 MPH on the highway. That 170 CID was wound up pretty tight at 60 MPH as I remember. Guess it left a lasting impression - I've had my 66 for 22 years now. I need to find my VIN #.

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
My 66 vin# U15NL 839510...why the NL? I was told it first delivered to a small dealer in West Liberty Ohio. I bought it from a guy in Marysville.

Sure would like to buy this one......bu the bill fold says no.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Can anyone decode this VIN #: U15GLR67836 I got the wagon part, but what is the rest?

G-Engine code, V8.
L- Michigan Truck Plant
R- Sequence letter I believe
67836- Sequence Number

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
My 66 vin# U15NL 839510...why the NL? I was told it first delivered to a small dealer in West Liberty Ohio. I bought it from a guy in Marysville.

Sure would like to buy this one......bu the bill fold says no.

NL means that it's an earlier model factory V8 ('66-'68), built at Michigan Truck Plant.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Vin

Hey Stamp, to tell you the truth I'm not sure you even have a 66 at all. The 66's didn't have a prefix for a letter. 66's tarted with U15FL732000 and when it went to 67's it was U15FLA***** and they also used a "B". Then Ford used mostly a "C" for the 68's like U15NLC*****. My 72 is U15GLP*****. So I would double check the title to make sure it matches the truck. Also where is your VIN plate located at on the kick panel or glove box door?

U is Bronco
15 is wagon or 14 1/2 cab or 13 roadster
F is 6 cylinder or N is 289 V8 or G is 302 V8
L is Ford's truck plant
anything after that is what JGbronc said, "sequence number" which would tell you year and unit number made.

jeff

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey I know there are a few of you guys waiting for pictures. I'll get some this week or weekend. I have to get it out of storage in the day light to shoot some good pics.

Thanks and sorry for the delay, Jeff

Stamp

Loc.
San Diego, CA
My Bad

My Vin Number on my 66 is U15FL734057 and yes the Vin is located on the kick panel. By the way, being a newbe, I'm entitled to one mistake ...

Quick Note: It's refreshing knowing that I'm not the only Knuclehead that loves old broncos. Keep it up.... Thanks for the forum ...

Stamp

Loc.
San Diego, CA
So what have we learned today !!

I learned today that my 66 Bronco was originally a wagon with a 6-cyl, manufactured in the "Ford Truck Plant" and it was the 2,056 manufactured. Awesome guys .... great forum ...

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I learned today that my 66 Bronco was originally a wagon with a 6-cyl, manufactured in the "Ford Truck Plant" and it was the 2,056 manufactured. Awesome guys .... great forum ...

Glad we were useful. ;)

There are some intelligent people on here. Lots of knowledge is on this site.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry....no pics yet!

Hey know there is a few of you guys waiting for pics. Just let you know I haven't forgotten about any of you. It's been snowing and very cold here in the Cleveland, OH area. I'm hoping for the weather to break for me sometime over the Holiday. As soon as it does I'll shoot some and get them out.

Thanks and sorry for the delay, Jeff

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used to own U15FL732049. It's always had it's original motor/trans, but they are no longer in it! I actually have the t-case and adapter here at my house. It's now a 289 A-code motor from a 65 Mustang and a TL 4speed. Disc too, but otherwise all stock. It exists pretty well, currently running driving daily and belongs to a friend in Santa Clara, cA, Will post a pic. Looks identical to 051! same color, same inside bumperettes.

Very nice project you have there in any case!

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey BajaBronco, somewhere down the line we have spoke to each other about #049 and #051. That's why I remembered that your old truck didn't have the original motor and trans. Also I remember you telling me it was very solid west cost truck uncut and still original paint. But what I don't remember what the DOS was on it? That would be interesting to find out.

I'd wish I had more time and a lot more money because this would make a heck or a project! I know your old #049 earlier by two units but what hurts that truck in the sight of collectors is the missed matched numbers. All the museum curators and classic car magazines editors I have spoken to find this truck very interesting because earliest all matching numbers vehicle. Most of them want any up dates with progress report if I would restore.

Thanks and please feel free to post up pictures of #049. I'd like to see it too. I know the guys are waiting for me to get the pictures of #051. It's buried in a storage unit. With crap weather that it has been (cold with snow) it a pain to get anything in or out that unit. So, please post up some pictures the guys have at least something to look at! :)
Jeff

BCH BRCO

Jeff,
I would like pictures and info also. What are you asking for it? I'm in Vermilion during the summer.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
So what does u15fl793414 on my 66 is that 414 made or 14 made of the line?

No, that's 61,414 off the line. The sequence starts at 732000. This sequence included more than Broncos though.

Sorry for any disappointment. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.