• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Electrical ?

Bugs

Loc.
Gresham
I do not get engine running codes! It is my understanding that pin 30 needs power, does anyone know this for sure and if true how has it been connected??:?
Thanks
Bugs

Also I have no EGR or purge canister, can these be canceled out by a resister in thier place?

93 GT 5.0, Explorer upper!

Lttrbox

Loc.
IF
I have yet to get my rig to yield me codes also, but it runs good so Im going to play some this winter and see if I can find out why. As I understand it, pin 30 requires either 5 or 12 depending on transmission AND computer. Ive heard that the either the manual or auto computer will fry if you feed it wrong. Second pin 30 is necessary when pulling key-on engine on codes (engine on). I dont believe voltage to this pin is necessary for key-on engine off codes.

Lars seems to be the guru here and hopefully chime in.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
Bugs said:
I do not get engine running codes! It is my understanding that pin 30 needs power, does anyone know this for sure and if true how has it been connected??:?
Thanks
Bugs

Also I have no EGR or purge canister, can these be canceled out by a resister in thier place?

93 GT 5.0, Explorer upper!

Go to www.fordfuelinjection.com and ask Ryan McCormick. He knows your system like the back of his hand. He can answer your question for sure.