• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fitech fuel injection issues

Jax302

I’m having trouble with my truck cutting off. Seems like a fuel issue. I changed tanks on the fly which is not something I usually do. Could that be the issue?

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cutting off as in the engine dies on its own?

I had an issue with mine since I had major rust in the stock rear tank and the fine particles would plug up the injectors filters.

omureebe

You may want to cross post on the Facebook FiTechEFI Users - that's where I got all of my advice hunting down my FiTech issues.

OP
OP
J

Jax302

What makes you think it is a fuel issue?
I'm not sure that's the issue but it sputtered to a stop and sputtered on attempting to restart. About an hour later it started right up just fine but shut off again on the way home after running maybe 15 minutes. I managed to get it home. I guess I'll start with the fuel filter.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I ran that setup for a while a had issues with what appeared to be vapor locking. My solution was more expensive but I bought a 23 gallon tank with high pressure pump, direct to throttle body. Use the auxiliary tank to push fuel into the main tank as needed (may never need).

Hazegray

What distributor do you have? The reason I ask is that the duraspark control module would sometimes heat up and die on you. After cooling down, it would fire up and start the cycle all over again.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Along the lines of " what distributor do you have " ; a friend had issues with his fi tech and it turned out to be a bad brand new HEI distributor.