• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

flared quarters dont quite fit

Izzy_Britton

I will call Wild horses next week to ask them this question but until then, I am asking y'all if any of you have experienced this issue...

I have been working on the quarters for my dads 73. I have new WH (everything) Upper and lower quarters, tail light housing and other related parts. I have mocked up (pre-hung) the upper quarters and started to hang the lower flared quarters when i noticed that the lowers didnt quite fit to the tail light housing. it would appear that the lowers are 1/4 inch shorter that the uppers.

any clues as to why this would be?

BUCKWILD

Loc.
Butte county
this dose seem to be a problem with most of the sheet metal. The tolerances were not great on the assembly line and then years of being used and twisted and bent the stock sheet metal is not perfect anymore

DC_Gearhead

+1

I ended up doing a seam delete because I couldn’t get mine even close.

506182ba840c5586bb43cc71646adcd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71 CA Bronco

If your having the same problem several of many of us have had with the uncut panels they are not square at the rear tail light connection sounds like they never fixed the original problem when making the new raised fender panels. Sheesh you would think that would be the time to correct this problem.

When I had the issue on mine I thought it was just a bad panel. Went to Dynacorn and pulled several off the shelf and they where all off square. If you want your seams to line up properly you may have to do what several of us have done and slice your quarter panel and reweld it square. It pisses you off given its a new panel but it does fix the seam lines.

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266790&page=2

Take a look at my thread post #25. I saw someone else on here wish I remembered fix it this way and it worked for me.