• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

For what it's worth, Hagerty thinks values are dropping

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
i value my broncos the same way as when i started this madness... run'm hard....

Timstrk

NADA book value for average sale price of my '74 went from $52,600 in Feb to $58,500 in Oct. Just average retail sale. I'm going to have to up my agreed value come Feb.

Waldo

Contributor
Scoutingranch, no head hammering here! We're all friends.
BTW, that quote is actually from the Ralph Nader title that detailed the might Chevy Corvair and other car industry buffoonery.
old Broncos, "unsafe at any speed"

mdm5371

I bought my first, a 1970, 3 on-the-tree, with an angry 170 cubes under the hood in 1987. $1200 or so. 32 inch no name tires, one door a different color than the other, and a love affair began. Those teenage years of top off, wind in the hair, sand-wheeling, girl-chasing were exquisite. I've had Jeeps, driven Scout IIs, enjoyed them all, but those EBs, "unsafe at any speed," will always be in my heart, and my garage, values be damned.

joshua

Contributor
I honestly was waiting for this to happen. I’m not Mr unlimited funds. And parts were getting crazy expensive. I would like to get one more after I finish mine. But probably not really a concern. I haven’t had mine driving in 15 yrs. But I’ve been working on it every day for a month since I’ve built up quite the pile of parts. But ya I would like to keep the dream alive of another. Just wasn’t gonna happen at those prices continuing to rise.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Well that’s odd. Hagerty just sent me an email saying my truck was under insured and suggested I increase the coverage. Yeah I know its money in their pocket but it’s insured pretty high (higher than my wife’s Porsche actually)

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Well that’s odd. Hagerty just sent me an email saying my truck was under insured and suggested I increase the coverage. Yeah I know its money in their pocket but it’s insured pretty high (higher than my wife’s Porsche actually)
I got a "NOTICE OF NONRENEWAL OF INSURANCE" from them...

joshua

Contributor
This post was started a year and half ago. Things may have changed

70 sport WA

I bought my first, a 1970, 3 on-the-tree, with an angry 170 cubes under the hood in 1987. $1200 or so. 32 inch no name tires, one door a different color than the other, and a love affair began. Those teenage years of top off, wind in the hair, sand-wheeling, girl-chasing were exquisite. I've had Jeeps, driven Scout IIs, enjoyed them all, but those EBs, "unsafe at any speed," will always be in my heart, and my garage, values be damned.
Yup...same year (1987) I bought a '67 for 1,600...then another '67 in 1992 for $2000. They were OK by standards then, probably nice by standards today. My '70 I've got now, bought in 2002, is very, very nice and paid $7,000. Thought that was expensive then!