• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford 4x4 F-250 Dana 44 Flat Top Knuckles

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Will F250 flat top knuckles work with my 1977 dana 44 housing? If so, it shouldn't affect the width at all right? Any advantages to the flat top knuckles? Anyone use these now for high steer? Thanks.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Yes they will fit on your D44. not sure on any width differances you might see a little increase. Although I do beleive they use the same lenght outer axle shafts so there may be no increase. Of course you will need to run 8 lug wheels to use the F250 knuckles. I believe you can use gm 3/4ton knuckles and run 5 on 5.5 wheels
High steer is really the only advantage to running flat top knuckles so if you have a tall lift and steering issues then that may be the answer. Otherwise I dont think they are worth the effort

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
No you have to use the 3/4 ton brakes and rotors on ford flat top knuckles. While the 1/2 ton disc brake spindles may bolt on the caliper mounting bracket will not.

mortimersnerd

Thx, wasnt sure if you knew of a barrier I didnt. Im planning to use the knuckles with the 3/4 ton brakes. There is a dodge rotor that works with some machine work.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Yeah lots of stuff can be made to work with some machine work. Most people want more or less bolt on stuff.