• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front door post question

TwistedConcepts

Loc.
Zimmermam, MN
Hi all,

I posted awhile back seeking some info while fitting a bronco graveyard kit body. I have since brought the truck to a local hotrod shop to have someone button up the body to get it done faster/correctly. Anyway, I got the truck back and have a few minor things to finish up before paint.

I'm wondering about these door posts where they meet the windshield valance / firewall. Is this supposed to be filled in or is the hole normal? If someone has a pic of how it should look, it would be a big help! Hopefully the pics work, if not let me know and I'll find a different way of hosting them.

58FLIC_ZHY_GTeLKr2aJEAM7yLRutk-Yrece4D5JKhc=w565-h753-no

yFkcfMyutQk-7omfVsLVJUyZbbQ3fw0YusakBgdb8kQ=w1004-h753-no

Last edited:

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It has been a few years since I installed a set but I don't remember having that gap in the two I did. I also don't have a better picture than this one but it looks like my posts were closed on top where yours are not.

It looks like your alignment is about right, just that the post is built differently. I can tell you that I would find some way to seal a hole that big if it were me. I would suggest that you build a small patch panel and weld it in so that you only have a small gap to seal with seam sealer.

Attachments

• DSC01393.JPG
    DSC01393.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 53

spray1963

Loc.
Boca Raton,FL
My son and I just went trough this on the Bronco we're building for him. We wound up ordering two sets of door posts to get one that would come close to fitting right. The Dennis carpenter posts looked just like what you have. The TBP posts had the metal that closed that gap. Your only choice now that it's installed is to weld in a patch, the hole is way to big for seam sealer!:)

Last edited:

Lunar-tic

Loc.
Brentsville
Honestly, you'll need to position the door post to accomodate your door. This is a picture of my driver's side replacement and it fit pretty much where the original did. But now that I'm working on the passenger side, I can see that it won't perfectly mate up where the original post was. Having said all that, I had almost no gap on the driver's side and will probably have minimal on the passenger side as well.

Attachments

• drivers door post.jpg
    drivers door post.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 74

Galt72

Contributor
Did mine awhile back. Mine had the open tops as well. I just cut some patches to close them up. It's a shame they make them that way. They don't look anything like the origional at the top

Lunar-tic

Loc.
Brentsville
After a second look at yours, it appears that someone cut a little too much off or you used a different vendor. It also looks a bit too offset to the rear of the vehicle. Dumb question, did you mock it up with the door in place before welding it?

OP
OP
T

TwistedConcepts

Loc.
Zimmermam, MN
Thanks all for the input and the pics! The doors have been fitted & removed probably 50+ times per side and everything lines up really well. I'll post a pic of the whole truck mocked up when I have a minute. Can I attach images in a post or only host externally? Not seeing an option.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Thanks all for the input and the pics! The doors have been fitted & removed probably 50+ times per side and everything lines up really well. I'll post a pic of the whole truck mocked up when I have a minute. Can I attach images in a post or only host externally? Not seeing an option.

Pay 12 bucks on paypal or send a check to become a contributor and adding pic is a sinch.