• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Full width 78-79 Bronco rear disc kit

dgold_881

Contributor
Does anyone make a kit for the 78-79 full width Bronco 9" rear? I have bought 2 kits now where they told me they would work and turns out they don't. I'm sure someone on here has done it or I totally missed the thread. I'm just frustrated at this point?

Thanks for any help
or link me up to the correct thread

Letsgocrawling

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson Az.
Does anyone make a kit for the 78-79 full width Bronco 9" rear? I have bought 2 kits now where they told me they would work and turns out they don't. I'm sure someone on here has done it or I totally missed the thread. I'm just frustrated at this point?

Thanks for any help
or link me up to the correct thread

Try calling blackbird customs they do stuff like this and don't cost and arm and a leg. There on the web.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Measure your housing end flange pattern, retainer bolt size, axle/brake offset dimension and note the bearing type, SET20 tapered roller versus the sealed ball bearing. With that information, you should be able to buy the correct brake kit from any disc brake supplier who covers your application.

jmeyer1971

Measure your housing end flange pattern, retainer bolt size, axle/brake offset dimension and note the bearing type, SET20 tapered roller versus the sealed ball bearing. With that information, you should be able to buy the correct brake kit from any disc brake supplier who covers your application.

If you or (anyone else) is unclear ab how to determine any of these do a google image search of "how to measure a rear axel"...I like pics