• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got sick of waiting too!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
So I have had my bronco on order since August of 2021. Was a reservation holder since July. No VIN no build date, no contact from Ford since I got a cheesy calendar in November. Got completely sick of the lack of info and excuses from the dealer I ordered it from. Also heard the talk on line that if you dont have a VIN or build date you are not going to get the truck until 2023. So I started hunting last week. There was not much to choose from around me, one dealer had a base two door and than another had a base four door, but the wife drives a Limited Expedition everyday so I had to find something with a few creature comforts to replace it with. Found a Black Diamond Mid package 4cyl auto trans at a dealer that I buy my work trucks from. Worked a deal and its in our driveway.

I wasn't really big on the Cyber Orange color but it is growing on me. This is really for my wife but I did drive it about 200 miles over the weekend and I was impressed she loves it too.

It is 1,000 times better ride than my Jeep, much quieter, and overall a better driving experience. The top is pretty easy to take down but it is a little tedious to put back together and up. It is a very specific process to putting it back together. After a few times I am sure it will become easier. The 4cyl power is good, auto is smooth. It has the vinyl seats and they are nice and comfy, seat heaters kick ass. Radio is good but not great, could use more bass. No rear seat cup holders! Oversight by Ford? Overall no real complaints. I do know that I want to get rid of my Jeep now more than ever! I am hoping for a 2door black diamond or higher trim pops up and the Jeep will be gone!

Attachments

• 20220527_192835.jpg
    20220527_192835.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 32

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
Beautiful Bronco ep67pro! I agree with you on the radio, it could use a little something.
You shouldn't have no problem getting rid of the Jeep. We sold our 2011 Explorer with 118,000 miles to Carmax in Salisbury, MD for over $10,000😲 a couple weeks ago. Now is the time to cull the fleet!

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yeah the trade in numbers are really good. I just gave the dealer the Vin and miles and they gave me a pretty fair trade in price. Funny they made a big deal about seeing the trade before they gave us a firm number, then when we pulled up in the Expedition they didnt even look at it! I know I will get good money on he Jeep when I trade it too.

I still have my reservation for the Badlands, I am just holding it as is for now. If the wife is completely satisfied with the black diamond I may change the order to a two door Black diamond, or badlands with the squatch package. But not sure I can wait forever for my own new bronco doesn't seem like my wife will let me drive this one much!;)

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I have the B&O sound system in my WT, and I'm not a fan. I am thinking I might change out all the speakers with something aftermarket. The sub is OK and that's about it, but I am hesitant to change it out because there is so much squeaking and rattling now in the Bronco I am not sure I really want to create anymore with more bass.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
So we now have almost 1800 miles on the bronco. And so far I am pretty happy with it. My wife just loves it and drives it every chance she gets. It is averaging about 18 mpg so a little less than what it is rated for but better than the Expedition it is replacing. Again so much more comfortable to drive than the Jeep. It is not perfect by far but for a soft top, first/second model year vehicle it is pretty well thought out and put together. Only problem I have is one of the clips that hold up the rear window broke, not even sure how just found it laying in the cargo area after we put the top back up one day, it doesn't seem to have affected the soft top at all and the radio totally needs more bass but beside that its all good! It makes me want one for my daily driver really bad!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
So I have had my bronco on order since August of 2021. Was a reservation holder since July. No VIN no build date, no contact from Ford since I got a cheesy calendar in November. Got completely sick of the lack of info and excuses from the dealer I ordered it from. Also heard the talk on line that if you dont have a VIN or build date you are not going to get the truck until 2023. So I started hunting last week. There was not much to choose from around me, one dealer had a base two door and than another had a base four door, but the wife drives a Limited Expedition everyday so I had to find something with a few creature comforts to replace it with. Found a Black Diamond Mid package 4cyl auto trans at a dealer that I buy my work trucks from. Worked a deal and its in our driveway.

I wasn't really big on the Cyber Orange color but it is growing on me. This is really for my wife but I did drive it about 200 miles over the weekend and I was impressed she loves it too.

It is 1,000 times better ride than my Jeep, much quieter, and overall a better driving experience. The top is pretty easy to take down but it is a little tedious to put back together and up. It is a very specific process to putting it back together. After a few times I am sure it will become easier. The 4cyl power is good, auto is smooth. It has the vinyl seats and they are nice and comfy, seat heaters kick ass. Radio is good but not great, could use more bass. No rear seat cup holders! Oversight by Ford? Overall no real complaints. I do know that I want to get rid of my Jeep now more than ever! I am hoping for a 2door black diamond or higher trim pops up and the Jeep will be gone!

Big congrats..

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats! Still waiting on mine to be shipped.:(

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Well After almost a year since I ordered our Badlands I finally got a Build date and a VIN from Ford. It is scheduled for the week of August 15th. I was looking hard for one locally but now I will just wait I figured the way this goes even if it is built the week of the 15th I wont actually get it for month. Now My wife is like well maybe I want the badlands instead of the Black Diamond I got her because I was sick of waiting! I am like no! This one is mine I am trading in my Jeep for it! We will see I am excited but I know this can get dragged out even longer!

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
Well After almost a year since I ordered our Badlands I finally got a Build date and a VIN from Ford. It is scheduled for the week of August 15th. I was looking hard for one locally but now I will just wait I figured the way this goes even if it is built the week of the 15th I wont actually get it for month. Now My wife is like well maybe I want the badlands instead of the Black Diamond I got her because I was sick of waiting! I am like no! This one is mine I am trading in my Jeep for it! We will see I am excited but I know this can get dragged out even longer!
Congrats! Sometimes they can come pretty fast to our area unless being held up for a quality issue. Ours was built on Jan. 12th, arrived at the dealer (Horsham) on Jan. 27th, in the driveway Feb. 1st.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

good good. Leaning towards Badlands myself in the future "hopefully" after everything winds down

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Well that went to shit quickly! Ford has now pushed the build date back a week! I knew I shouldn't get excited, but it was nice to have some kind of acknowledgement that they were going to build my bronco! I really hope it dosent get pushed back too much. My local dealer had a sweet Wild track that I passed on assuming I would be getting my truck next month!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well that went to shit quickly! Ford has now pushed the build date back a week! I knew I shouldn't get excited, but it was nice to have some kind of acknowledgement that they were going to build my bronco! I really hope it dosent get pushed back too much. My local dealer had a sweet Wild track that I passed on assuming I would be getting my truck next month!

Maybe you can get one of them new Heritage 2023 models lol

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
According to the Ford web site the bronco is now in production. I now can see the window sticker too. I wont get too excited until I see it in the dealer lot but at least there is some kind of change in this over a year adventure!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SHOULD be coming soon, mine was about a week after i got the window sticker

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
According to the Ford web site the bronco is now in production. I now can see the window sticker too. I wont get too excited until I see it in the dealer lot but at least there is some kind of change in this over a year adventure!

I don't blame ya

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Well after 13 months of waiting I finally picked up the Badlands I ordered last year. It is a 2022 badland velocity blue, mid package, leather, with 2.7 motor auto trans non SAS. It was supposed to be for my wife but we picked up the Black diamond on my original post for her. She says she still likes hers better she just wants bigger tires (I am working on doing that now). I still think I want a two door but I will drive it for a while and see what I really think. Onl;y has 11 miles so I cant give a good comparison between the two yet.

Attachments

• 20220906_144244.jpg
    20220906_144244.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 13

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Well I have had one on order since Aug/Sep of 21 as well and have heard very little! Honestly I think this whole release has been screwed up by Ford. Especially the packages that your forced to get if you want certain things. I think that its very frustrating that manufactures are doing this to customers today. I kinda get it to some degree but I think that things have to change because there should be more freedom to buy the truck you want and not the truck they are literally forcing you to buy! Thats my .02

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Well after 13 months of waiting I finally picked up the Badlands I ordered last year. It is a 2022 badland velocity blue, mid package, leather, with 2.7 motor auto trans non SAS. It was supposed to be for my wife but we picked up the Black diamond on my original post for her. She says she still likes hers better she just wants bigger tires (I am working on doing that now). I still think I want a two door but I will drive it for a while and see what I really think. Onl;y has 11 miles so I cant give a good comparison between the two yet.
Congrats on finally getting the Bronco!