• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Great progress today Bronco vent shade making...

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is the first "test run" of my CAD design and fabrication of the Door vent shade, "Which one is live and which one is Memorex?" If you owned a Bronco 'at the time" you remember the commercial..

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lets try this again, photo,

Attachments

• Bronco vent finished.jpg
    Bronco vent finished.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 314

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So when does field testing start? I’ll volunteer!;D Definitely be interested in a set when you start production - nice work!

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The top one I made, the bottom one is an original..

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
do they whistle when driven at freeway speed? something to check. please keep me in the loop as you work to produce them.

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's the "finished" passenger vent. these are made from 0.020" mild steel, with a double bend on the lip, and fastened with 1 screw, all like the original....
I'll make them from mild steel or stainless, chrome is not an option....

Attachments

• steel vent.jpg
    steel vent.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 122
  • steel vent1.jpg
    steel vent1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 121
  • bronco vent double bend.jpg
    bronco vent double bend.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 109
  • bronco vent cut-out.jpg
    bronco vent cut-out.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 107

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
do they whistle when driven at freeway speed? something to check. please keep me in the loop as you work to produce them.

I can't answer for the ones being made, but if they are the same as the original as they look to be, then NO.

I put some on my 74 years ago and have never heard any noise. I also have them on a couple of other trucks and no noise with any. My OBS have a pair that were made for a different type truck and even those don't make any noise. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a fan.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I can't answer for the ones being made, but if they are the same as the original as they look to be, then NO.

I put some on my 74 years ago and have never heard any noise. I also have them on a couple of other trucks and no noise with any. My OBS have a pair that were made for a different type truck and even those don't make any noise. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a fan.

Thanks for the follow-up.

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got it Done! Both sides! Made in SS and Mild steel (paint as you wish, Photos of the SS and the steel ones painted semi-gloss black.

Attachments

• Stainless front.jpg
    Stainless front.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Stainless back.jpg
    Stainless back.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Black front.jpg
    Black front.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Black back.jpg
    Black back.jpg