• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has anyone offered to buy your Bronco?

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
On the red 71 (Chariot) they did back in the late 70s-early 80's. After that it must have become obvious that the price would be too high and they have quit asking. The blue '76 gets the question every now and then, but that too is asked with more of a "I don't suppose you would consider selling it.?...I didn't think so" sort of question.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Here lately I have had a few folks asking about my '96 daily driver. Its kinda dirty right now. Hard rains every day for a week or so. Still though a millennial asked about it at Home Depot this morning.
I just said, "Awww...you don't want this old thing son"
Then I smiled and drove off...
Haha

jimmyk

Contributor
When I had my o77, that is the offer I got all the time.

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
I had one fellow come within 3k of my selling price one time. I considered in for about 2 seconds.

Everything I have is for sale, but no one usually wants to spend that much.

L.R.

wegngis

Loc.
Oregon
I've had multiple people offer me money. Most recently, a guy knocked on my door and offered me $20,000 cash. I said thanks, but no thanks, not for sale.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Last week I was at the local feed store loading the Bronco with hay and cattle feed.
Some guy stopped me and said the car is too nice to treat that way. He offered to buy it so he could give it a better life.
I asked him... what would be a better life? Stuff like this is what I bought it for.
I can't afford a useless car.

So, I suggested he might consider building up a Bronco himself. He said "that's too much work, I'd rather just buy one."
Some people just won't be able to understand that some joys just can't be bought.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I've had multiple people offer me money. Most recently, a guy knocked on my door and offered me $20,000 cash. I said thanks, but no thanks, not for sale.

You thought about it for a hot minute though right? :D

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
People say everything has it's price.
Well then here is what will get my Bronco:

Pay me enough to build another just like it +PLUS+ enough to buy another to drive while I'm building it. (because why should I go without a Bronco for that long again?)

If you want it that bad then you bought it.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
A few times. I was offered a EB for an EB trade once at the round up once. The guys wife liked the LUBR look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Lots of offers now without it leaving the garage! I'm selling LOTS of shtuff on CL in prep for house sale and retirement. More than half the buyers want the Bronco. I tell them NFS......yet.

I keep thinking of West Tn Dawg "it's not for sale, but it can be bought." ;D