• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headers for GT40P heads and Duff long radius arms

Jedeka

Contributor
Is anyone running the GT40P heads and Duff long radius arms? If so, what are you running for exhaust? Any headers clear this setup? Thanks.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Trans makes a difference. Dual ex or 2 into 1? I used the Duff 2 into 1 with their shorty (Drake) headers due to the AX15 conversion needing the clearance.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
With P heads I think the only option is BH shorties........

I don't recall anyone specifically posting they had P heads and long tube headers.

Tim

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I heard bronco hut or bc headers for those heads. Also have heard 96 explorer heads have the plugs angled back like stock eb heads so most other headers should fit depending on what transmission you run. That was my dream to get the 96 heads to go with a lightning intake and later explorer efi on my spare 351w.

1badd73

Bronco Hut (Sandersen) headers will definitely work with GT40P heads. I just bought a set for my 98 Explorer engine.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Not sure if the GT40 P head is different from the heads on my two broncos but I am running angled plug heads on both broncos with Duff long tube headers and long arms. Dual exhaust also with no issues. Some long tube headers will contact the drivers long arm when it comes up. I had this issue with an unknown brand of long tube headers a previous owner installed. I swapped them for another set of Duff's long tube and have no issues.
HotRod.com wrote an interesting article on Long vs. Short headers on 302's and 351's.
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/ford-351w-dyno-test-shorty-versus-long-tube-headers/