• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headlight Comparison: IPF vs Holley RetroBright LED

AKwheeler

I swapped out my aftermarket IPF lights (with power via relays) to Holley RetroBright a couple weeks ago. There is such a incredible difference in the beam pattern. I dreaded driving the Bronco at night because the lights acted more like spotlights, and so I ran my aftermarket lights as much as possible. I was constantly switching them off early and then felt like I was plunged into darkness. I took a before/after video of the two lights and put them next to each other to show the difference. The lighting doesn't show what the human eye sees, as the camera sits down at the bumper, but it does show the beam spread of the Holley. $400 bucks, but that's cheaper than my deductible!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the great video. Nice split screen action there.
And that’s quite a beam spread on those new lights! Does make the old ones look “a bit narrow“ by comparison.
Were they standard H4 style IPF lamps?

And are the new ones the higher K rating? They look pretty white.

BanditBronco

I haven't seen those headlights yet, those are pretty slick. They even come in amber, I have always wanted a set of amber lenses. They definitely hit a soft spot in the market for a decently affordable LED that doesn't look like eyeballs with halos flashing behind an angry grill.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Those Holley's have a great beam pattern and reach out there nice.