• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

help with vin, and tag found on engine

rbodine

I started getting into and cleaning up my "new" 69 project. I found a tag mounted on the front of the engine with, it has starting in
upper left 02 69 3
lower left 8-H K 296-S

VIN# U15GLD83218
THanks in advance, what can you tell me about this Bronco, what color was it, is that the original engine, what color was the interior. I think it was either a light blue or a dark blue exterior and some sort of white interior,,,I think!!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
VIN says it's a '69 wagon made in Aug of '68. It came with a 302. No exterior color code in the VIN but it can be found on the VIN tag. The only interior color for '69 was parchment.

The first line of the engine tag looks like a date code but it doesn't fall in line with the vehicle production date.

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

when you say 69 "wagon" what does that mean, full hard top, no top?? SO you say all 69's had the same interior, parchment?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
when you say 69 "wagon" what does that mean, full hard top, no top?? SO you say all 69's had the same interior, parchment?

Full top as in station wagon body style. All had the same color interior. Sport models were a little fancier but the same color.