• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much corn can a bronco seat hold??

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
About that much, just in the seat back lol. That pair of seats has been sitting on the floor of my shop for a year or so along the west wall. Under the lean-to of my shop is where I sit my 1500lb container of deer corn every year. This year I didn't use it all. I've not seen any mouse or rat evidence until this last week. The container is sealed, so I'm not sure where they got into it at, it must have a crack underneath. Picked this seat up to move them and thought dang I've got weak or something is up. Literally not one kernel of corn can be seen anywhere in the shop. I tilted the seat a little to get a better handle on it and out it poured lol. They must have made a lot of trips back and forth.
20240322_162143.jpg 20240322_162136.jpg

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
If it weren’t for the destructive nature of the furry critters, I almost admire the work ethic and commitment to the task at hand…on the other hand, I have declared open war against them in my shop. Lol

Randy

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
rats suck! they've been everywhere this year. They ate my wife's fall Indian corn decorations, ate through pumpkin decorations, anything they can find!

I put out ultrasonic deterrent things and that seems to keep them away from the cars, but I have nightmares about critters eating wiring...no thanks! Kill those effers! I got one out into the open with a hose and beat that thing to a pulp.

Sorry...don't hate me like I hate them.

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
rats suck! they've been everywhere this year. They ate my wife's fall Indian corn decorations, ate through pumpkin decorations, anything they can find!

I put out ultrasonic deterrent things and that seems to keep them away from the cars, but I have nightmares about critters eating wiring...no thanks! Kill those effers! I got one out into the open with a hose and beat that thing to a pulp.

This is the first winter that we've ever been without barn cats, and apparently they do make a difference.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS

I understand completely. I had wharf rats, pack rats whatever you want to call them that cut the wires of stereo equipment, cut gas lines on a stove, ate stuffing out of my sofa. I HATED them so bad, I declared war. Caught 2 in traps, poisoned 2 more, shot 1 with a 45 acp, 2 with a 12 gauge. Finally convinced them to leave the property. Lol

Randy

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Huge difference with barn cats here. I never had a problem with rats or mice until my barn cats died. Now, the rats are everywhere.
I used to not have a rat problem UNTIL my wife found a 5’ grey rat snake in the nesting area for out chickens. She made me kill that one. Then she found another rat snake and, yep, made me kill that one also.
Now that we have no snakes, the rats are trying to set up housekeeping in my shop.

Randy

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Yeah, let me know how THAT turns out. 🤣. Mine threatened the burn the house down if we had another snake get in the house. Certainly cannot afford for her to find one there OR in my shop.

Randy

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
And speaking of rats…

Had to park the Porsche outside the other night for the appraiser come come look at the Bronco in the rain and have lots of room. Rain, that's when they get in there.

Rat got in there, guess he didn't mind the sonic deterrent. Was still in there when I pulled in the garage last night. He got out, grabbed some rat poison out of a box and went back to his Porsche suite. I noticed this morning and could not get him out with air or water so thought he might feel the need for speed. Was hoping he'd jump out on the freeway but noticed when I got back home that he jumped pretty early and right in time to meet my rear tires.

Amazing how much joy it brought me to see him smashed in the road. I don't feel bad one bit.

mebco09

And speaking of rats…

Had to park the Porsche outside the other night for the appraiser come come look at the Bronco in the rain and have lots of room. Rain, that's when they get in there.

Rat got in there, guess he didn't mind the sonic deterrent. Was still in there when I pulled in the garage last night. He got out, grabbed some rat poison out of a box and went back to his Porsche suite. I noticed this morning and could not get him out with air or water so thought he might feel the need for speed. Was hoping he'd jump out on the freeway but noticed when I got back home that he jumped pretty early and right in time to meet my rear tires.

Amazing how much joy it brought me to see him smashed in the road. I don't feel bad one bit.
I had a couple in our dump truck last year. Ate through the shifter boot to get at a protein bar I left in there. I figured they were gone after I cleaned it up, but they kept leaving evidence so I left it parked each night with a big trap in the driver's footwell. Had to leave a warning sign on the door to keep an unsuspecting driver from getting snapped. Eventually got him, but he rode in that truck for a couple of days while we hauled dirt.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I have a different problem - our very original 76 has the seats full of dirt dobber nests. It's very annoying. I don't know how to remove them without taking the backs off the original upholstery seats (don't want to risk that).

Kbpony

About that much, just in the seat back lol. That pair of seats has been sitting on the floor of my shop for a year or so along the west wall. Under the lean-to of my shop is where I sit my 1500lb container of deer corn every year. This year I didn't use it all. I've not seen any mouse or rat evidence until this last week. The container is sealed, so I'm not sure where they got into it at, it must have a crack underneath. Picked this seat up to move them and thought dang I've got weak or something is up. Literally not one kernel of corn can be seen anywhere in the shop. I tilted the seat a little to get a better handle on it and out it poured lol. They must have made a lot of trips back and forth.
View attachment 921712 View attachment 921713
You might have shrews. Mice would have eaten the germ out of the kernels.