• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much for a C4 tranny stock

nickeboy

Hey I have found a c4 auto tranny with lines dipstick transfercase etc. from a 74 bronco. The guy wants 650 for it, but has never ran it. I have a 66 bronco with 302. What do you think of the price and are there any problems I will come into when installing this tranny into my 66? Crossmember etc.
Thanks again

TXHusker

Loc.
Edmond, OK
my experience.....rebuilds go for around $1000-1300.

if the owner has never had it running...and you're not experienced in this area..I might find someone local that you trust and knows what they're doing to bounce this question off of.

I'd find a junk yard if it were me, pull it myself and same some cash.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You'll need a flexplate, torque converter, trans cooler, C4 adapter to mate to D20, shifter, kickdown linkage. Once you have all that it'll bolt right in.