• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I built myself a new Front Bumper-FINISHED PICS ON PG. 5

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Haven't seen the post in a while, but a guy had mounted lights up under his bumper to shine down in front of the wheels/tires.

Is there a way to make a place under yours to make some "puddle" lights? It always seems when you are out at night that you have light 30' out in front of the rig yet you keep stepping in the mud. The ones I remember seeing a picture of were recessed and angle to shine to the side of the rig.

Nice bumper. I built mine back in the day and made little stopper blocks to keep the hi-lift jack from slipping out from under it when the rig was up in the air a ways.

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
yea here is a suggestion, make about ten copies and send them to those like me that want to make one like that. Then come up with a killer looking rear one to match.

How about some lights mounted inside the bumper with some holes cut in and tubes welded in, seen that before and it looks great. and some D-ring mounts.

Bryce

this ^

i want to build myself a bumper just like that!

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Looking forward to your measurements, I can shear and bend up everything where I work. We make implements for tractors and have everything there. I really like your front design and I too have the three in. bodylift. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the rear, with tire carrier. Hint! hint!!%)

OP
OP
Desert Thrasher

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
A rear bumper with tire rack and jerry can holders and cooler rack is in the plan. Got to finish the front first though. I like the high lift jack cut out idea, thats a good one. And so is the rock lights. Damn, so many good ideas......

OP
OP
Desert Thrasher

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Allright, finally got all the welds ground smooth and added the D-rings. Also drilled the holes for mounting the winch and cut out the slot for the fairlead. I think its ready for primer now. Then after I decide what else, if anything, I can add it without messing up the paint.
I will get the blueprints drawn up for those interested soon.

Attachments

• New Front Bumper039a.jpg
    New Front Bumper039a.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 483
  • New Front Bumper040a.jpg
    New Front Bumper040a.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 414

bluesbish

Loc.
Upstate New York
Great job indeed. came out very nice. Here is the one that I built last fall. your build progression was very similar to the way mine came about. I recommend that anyone with torches or plasma cutter and welder access and time should take a stab at it. a little patience goes a long way.

Attachments

• 2011-07-25_16-43-42_890.jpg
    2011-07-25_16-43-42_890.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 380
  • 2011-08-15_17-19-28_693.jpg
    2011-08-15_17-19-28_693.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 474

360 4V

Great work! I think it is great when somebody tries to do something; and you actually did good work. I got flammed for my work but I am inclined to post it anyway.
homemadeChevytailgateforBronco.jpg
[/IMG]

360 4V

It doesn't apear to line up but when the bottome edges are lined up it really does line up. I fabriacated a tail gate from sheet metal and was basically told to go to h%## on Pirate 4x4. That place is swelling in knowledge but if you if you have got an easy to answer question to answer and its been preached to the quire before, your in the
sh#((s.

This is what I did with no official welding training. I just took one of my father's arc welders and treid something. I wasn't taught this.

Next time someone tries to flame me or some other newbie who is really trying: why, and when will it end? I am going to get in the ROP course for welding and I am sorry I did not grow up on a farm where I was given practical training and eduication including in arc welding. I have had to buy all my d#*n training/eduication in school.

You did great work!

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
It doesn't apear to line up but when the bottome edges are lined up it really does line up. I fabriacated a tail gate from sheet metal and was basically told to go to h%## on Pirate 4x4. That place is swelling in knowledge but if you if you have got an easy to answer question to answer and its been preached to the quire before, your in the
sh#((s.

This is what I did with no official welding training. I just took one of my father's arc welders and treid something. I wasn't taught this.

Next time someone tries to flame me or some other newbie who is really trying: why, and when will it end? I am going to get in the ROP course for welding and I am sorry I did not grow up on a farm where I was given practical training and eduication including in arc welding. I have had to buy all my d#*n training/eduication in school.

You did great work!

By your logic I should be able to attempt open heart surgery without any formal training and be pleased with whatever the results are even if it's the death of my patient. There is no nice way to say this but the tailgate looks hideous. Sorry man I'm not trying to be a dick but it is what it is. When you put your stuff up the ole' internets then it's out there to be scrutinized. Here is some food for thought. I once traded a 6'er of land shark for a good and actually rare 66 tailgate in Escondido. It took me about an hour to go down and get it. How long did it take to make that thing? see what I am getting at? Never try to beat anyone at their own game, and you son, are not a 20 ton press and die. Also this is desert thrashers thread about his very well fabricated bumper, not your tailgate abortion thread. If you really have major disputes your abilities then do it in another thread please and you can be my first triple bypass patient.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
You doing the drawings in CAD? Be sure and put your username on them or whatever you like so you get kudos for making it, and I'll save it to the CAD folder I share with whoever asks for Bronco related CAD.

Very nice looking bumper. I'm hoping one day I'll have a good welding setup and be able to make one, I'd rather spend the cash on a welder and fab lots of things than spend it on one thing already made.

FindlayJeff

Loc.
San Luis Obispo
I'm awaiting your measurements it looks good the only thing I will do different is and some piping on top of bumper for winch guard and style points

OP
OP
Desert Thrasher

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Allright, got the first coat of primer on it. I plan to add a sealer primer next, and then wait to paint it until I decide what more I want to add to it.

Attachments

• New Front Bumper046a.jpg
    New Front Bumper046a.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 334
  • New Front Bumper045a.jpg
    New Front Bumper045a.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 298
  • New Front Bumper044a.jpg
    New Front Bumper044a.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 335
OP
OP
Desert Thrasher

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Well here are the drawings. I am not a computer guru, so I did them in basic lines like a blue print. If someone more computer savvy than I would like to make them into a CAD file or PDF then that would be cool.

Attachments

• END CAPSa.jpg
    END CAPSa.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 218
  • BOTTOM PLATESa.jpg
    BOTTOM PLATESa.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 244
  • BACK FACE PLATES a.jpg
    BACK FACE PLATES a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 243
  • FRONT FACE PLATESa.jpg
    FRONT FACE PLATESa.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 267
  • FRAME INSERT MOUNTSa.jpg
    FRAME INSERT MOUNTSa.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 264
  • WINCH SIDE PLATESa.jpg
    WINCH SIDE PLATESa.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 292
  • WINCH PLATEa.jpg
    WINCH PLATEa.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 379
  • TOP WINGSa.jpg
    TOP WINGSa.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 231

Terkish

Very nice work!
I have been planing something similar. I just don't have it all worked out yet. Your measurements you posted will help out a lot.