• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need recommendations for businesses for copying 2 flat alum bars I have. Has to be exact work. Prefer PNW or West Coast for shipping.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Any recommendations?

I have 2 alum flat bars with simple crescent shaped curves in them and several holes that need to be copied exactly.

I've seen cool hand held laser tools/software that can scan a part and then put it into a CAD type software so it can be cut.

Just don't know where. Seattle, Portland area??

Last edited:

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Many laser and plasma table softwares can simply scale from a photo and a couple of reference measurements.

Other than some trivia…. Not exactly PNW but I’ve had Lasernut cut stuff before.

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Not Seattle or Portland. But…. I deal with a guy here on the Oregon coast just North of Tillamook. They have a machine with software that does this kind of stuff. PM me if you want his number. May be a little more of a drive than you are wanting to do. I am sure there are plenty in Portland. Just do not know of any of them..
Any recommendations?

I have 2 alum flat bars with simple crescent shaped curves in them and severak holes that need to be copied exactly.

I've seen cool hand held laser tools/software that can scan a part and then put it into a CAD type software so it can be cut.

Just don't know where. Seattle, Portland area??

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Oregon coast is not that far! :) I could send them down. I pm'd ya.

THANKS.

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
Brian, you might try my work. Our guys have all kinds of cool equipment. I’ll shoot you a text.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I'll try them too.

I only have one place that said they would get back to me so far.

I will try them- thx!

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you have a picture of these things you can share? Are they left and right-hand versions of each other or each unique? What are the basic overall dimensions involved for L X W X H? There are various ways to reverse engineer something, but with probe in a CNC mill, you should be able to pick up whatever critical dimensions the part may have and you could even map out the curve if it's not a simple fixed-radius arc.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Each side is unique.

I'll PM you. Thanks