• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Recommendations to Remove 3” Body Lift

OP
OP
Uncle Butter

Uncle Butter

Contributor
Nice ride Fishinman

I like a body lift but not necessarily a fan of the 3" that being said, I really don't like a 5" suspension lift due to the driving quirks. I would agree that moving to a 2.5' suspension lift might be the better way to go as long as you work out a good compromise for the rear fenders. I would likely drop the suspension lift to 2.5" and then relocate the axle back an inch and you should be good to go.
Keep in mind, there is considerable work no matter which way you go.

More good advice, thank you. It looks like I have a few angles to look into.

fishinman78

Contributor
Thanks for the recommendation. As all the mods pile up, it looks like I should look into this solution as well. It looks like it will be a lot less costly. What size tire do you have?

I am running 35x12.50x15 Mickey Thompson MYZs

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I'd take a body lift over a suspension lift 7/days/wk.

Where is the weight on an EB? 4 guys can easily lift a Bronco body. How many does it take to lift the other 3,000 lbs?

Keep your COG low. Put enough suspension lift in for your intended off road use, 3.5"
max. Less if you can. Want lift for tire clearance, drivetrain clearance, etc?? Go with a body lift if you must. Keep your drivetrain angles to a minimum... lot's of advantages.

FSD

Jim is in San Jose and does side work too, but like Doug is usually working a project.

JGO is his member name.