• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ignition Switch Removal

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tearing my dash down. Got everything off except the ignition switch. Is there a trick to this? Tried installing a pin in the hole, thought the keyed center section would pop out. Is there a certain position or certain sequence for removal? Thanks for any info.
Dave

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
When I removed mine I had to turn my key counter clockwise one click and then insert the paperclip to remove the cylinder. If your removing the whole thing there's a piece on the back side of the switch you have to push in and turn to remove it . Mine was a pain in the butt to get out but with help from members on here I finally got it.

1972 bronco

Loc.
Round Rock
i used a pin in the access hole and then turned the key all counter clockwise. It took some work to get the 40 yr old cylinder top separate.

Jason