• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is anyone else having this problem with the auto part stores?

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
I’m with Mustangtoby:

My favorite local parts house just celebrated their 25th. Their success, in light of A-Zone and O’Reileys’, arrival, is due to honesty, service, and value to the customer. The guys behind the counter will do what it takes to get you the parts you need.

I’ve been a friend and customer since they opened the door. I get preferential treatment, but that’s probably due to the weenie in a bun things I bring them from the bakery just down the street.

Take care of the people that take care of you!

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
If I had issue in the past, I'd call the parts guy that I've known for 30 years back in my hometown. Sure it's a long distance call, but this guy has been in the parts industry for at least 40 years (my Dad knows him well) and has worked for most of the major players. It helps that he keeps the old parts books when they're retired. This guy can likely cross reference things back to the 60's. I've asked him to let me know when he decides to unload his books....

Lately I haven't run into anything that I couldn't get an answer for here so I've only called to wish him Happy Birthday.

70 sport WA

I'm sure there is a hundred stories out there, but this is such a simple one...went into AutoZone the other day and asked for a flasher for my 75 F-250. Didn't really need it, just wanted a spare and was driving by. The employee--OK, it was a, ahem, lady--said they didn't have one. Didn't bother to look around myself and didn't bother to say that EVERY FORD VEHICLE IN THE 1970s USED THE SAME FLASHER and HOW COULD THEY NOT HAVE ONE IN STOCK??? Just didn't want to waste my time. What a joke.

rubberneck

Contributor
Loc.
Severn, Maryland
I'd probably would go to my local autoTard, autoBone or whatever you call it but I can't speak spanish. And no one there understands english.

Que'? Que? fuselaje? Ce?

And it seems the only parts they have are sponge bob square pants seat covers and snap on spinner hub caps.

1970ebkeith

Loc.
Cross Roads,Texas
I had a disagreement with a local who told me Ford never put a 9" in the rear of a Bronco. All I needed was a gasket. He refused to sell me the gasket because he didnt want to have deal with me when it didnt work. I guess I made the mistake by telling him it was for an EB.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I cannot wait till my project is done, First stip, AutoBone, gonna ask for a fuel Filter for a 74 Bronco with a 300 six......

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
Most auto parts chain stores have a web site you can go to and look up the part number so you dont have to deal with any confusion of ordering for a 40 year old peace of iron.

StnePny

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Santa Monica, Ca.
Add a New List of Dumb Shits to the List U-Haul

I went to rent a (pickup) truck & car trailer,

I have a Bronco Body on a Rotisserre ( maybe 400 - 500 lbs)

And, was told I need to rent a 10 ft box truck (now I can not see the thru the back window) to tow a car trailer for that vehicle PER the rules. and the car trailer only can with 2 racket straps that only go over the front tires.

Oh, ut we have these open trailer (with a 56" - 57") ramp opening with 4400 lbs will this work for you

AMSWER: NO the opening is 1" 2"'s to small and there are no tie-downs. CLUE

Do You Know Anything About Car, answer = No

So, since he was #$%^&*( I told him, Like Chicken - Bar-B- Que = Rotisterre