• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is there a difference between a 93 and a 95 EFI distributor?

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I have an engine from a 95 mustang GT 5.0. is there any reason I can't use a distributor from a 1993 mustang GT 5.0?

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Which wiring harness? Was the '95 set up for a remote TFI module, or was that just on the trucks?

Paul

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Don't know about trucks, but Mustangs there are a few differences.
The biggest is the remote TFI module used on the '95
Another smaller difference is the '95 distributor is a little shorter than the '93. This can be an issue depending on what fuel rail you are running. Not all fuel rails will clear the '95 distributor.
The module being relocated isn't the only difference to the module. The logic to the module also changes as the computer is now controlling dwell where it wasn't in the '93

For that vintage they should both be setup for roller cams, the oil pump drive and the fit into the block are the same. Unless you are mixing in a 351 distributor, those have a lot of differences to a 302 distributor.

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
THX for the replies!
I have converted the upper and lower manifold to a '93 setup as well as using the RJM harness and an A9L computer. I also have 2" body lift.
I was planning on running a '93 Distributor (TFT module onboard) so as to be compatible with the RJM harness. Just want to make sure that the gear (steel vs. iron) and the drive were the same.