• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whats the difference between 50,000$ and 100,000$ Broncos

DR650

I don't understand the market. At 50k is when you basically get a rust free truck that's probably had a frame off restoration completed recently and is reliable and clean. I'm assuming the 100k Broncos have premium components for the suspension, drivetrain, and interior?

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably the single biggest thing is if it has a coyote engine swap! Trick aftermarket frames, suspension, Luxury interiors also add up.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I don't understand the market. At 50k is when you basically get a rust free truck that's probably had a frame off restoration completed recently and is reliable and clean. I'm assuming the 100k Broncos have premium components for the suspension, drivetrain, and interior?
Where are these 'rust free truck that's probably had a frame off restoration completed recently and is reliable and clean?' I want to find one!

The prices go up dramatically when you get a custom frame, new motor with attachments (even if it's not a Coyote), upgraded interior, etc, etc, etc. It just keeps going and going.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I had Mecham on in the shop Fri-Sat... Plain Jane looking Bronco with a coyote was pushing $180K. Other EB's, that they actually showed the bidding on, were in the $60-80K range and a few were the "bid goes on". I thought the restored FJ40/FJ45 and Blazers were getting good money as well. Depends on the location of the auction and who shows up, on how much money is spent. Seems Kissimmee and Monterey pull in the big money?

As said by me and many others, never buy anything that you cannot see and touch in person...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You also have three distinctly different, and inconsistent markets to add to that mix.
One is the public market, where someone finds one and makes an offer, or finds it on craigslist, or eBay, or wherever.
Then there is the bring a trailer group along with the public auctions that we see so much of nowadays.
And the third is the purpose/custom built units by companies that are expecting to make a profit and do not sell Broncos based solely on the whims of a buyer. They build them and mark them up accordingly.
Three different markets, three different buyers. Most of them don’t know what they’re getting.
Nor do they care sometimes, as long as it’s cool.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bring a trailer and a coyote
everything on bring a trailer seems to be a wee bit high

Torkman66

Contributor
Keeping detailed spreadsheet of restoration. If you get a good starter with clean title for say 13k and do a complete frame up resto including new motor, and complete drivetrain, suspension, wiring, complete interior, two stage paint, all exterior pieces, and anything else needed, and you do ALL your own work including body and paint, you will have pretty close to 60k invested. I believe this type of non-coyote Bronco is worth 100k or so given the market.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Whats the difference between 50,000$ and 100,000$ Broncos​

Cupholders?

Reminds me of the joke - What's the difference between a house on a dead end street & a house on a cul-de-sac? ............................................................................ $60,000 in the price

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee

Whats the difference between 50,000$ and 100,000$ Broncos​

Cupholders?

Reminds me of the joke - What's the difference between a house on a dead end street & a house on a cul-de-sac? ............................................................................ $60,000 in the price
Cupholders, that hold a Venti, no Whip, Mocha Latte with Oatmilk.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
Keeping detailed spreadsheet of restoration. If you get a good starter with clean title for say 13k and do a complete frame up resto including new motor, and complete drivetrain, suspension, wiring, complete interior, two stage paint, all exterior pieces, and anything else needed, and you do ALL your own work including body and paint, you will have pretty close to 60k invested. I believe this type of non-coyote Bronco is worth 100k or so given the market.

agree with this. also consider that your time IS worth something. it takes a decent amount of work to have a bronco with 3.5" lift track and handle straight down the road going +60mph.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Actually the difference is 50,000$. ;)
50k gets you naturally aspirated mostly stock setup. Cheap rebuild engine (blueprint, etc), paint but not complete disassembly.
100k and up should be comprehensive build with Professional motor SBF/Coyote/LS (real machine shop with high quality internals) and 5 speed or OD automatic professionally built.
No corners cut on 100k and up. And I consider a used motor Coyote/exploder/5.0 a cut corner.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
The buyer.
I recently got one for the price of a tank of diesel.

Attachments

• 400746884_10224915404378458_1157357519850014111_n.jpg
    400746884_10224915404378458_1157357519850014111_n.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 36

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Yeah, I have no plans on ever selling my Bronco but $100k would not cover half what I've got into this thing. Maybe when I'm close to done I'll add it up and see for sure.

Shit is expensive and so is my time.

If you're looking for something good, just be patient and look very closely at all the parts of a bronco that normally get rust, know what things you want to do vs what's already on it and what the things will cost you to change.

chuddy

I got $86,500 on BaT recently for my 66. It didn't have a Coyote, overdrive, or AC, but it was a clean build with higher than average attention to detail. It was not on par with any of the big builders (Icon, Vintage, Maxlider, etc), but it also didn't go for $150k either. There are a lot of $50k Broncos that could command higher value if the owner chose different finishes (maybe a different interior color/style, paint color, wheels, and better fit/finish of the sheetmetal). All these items, combined, can bring better money for an otherwise average Bronco build.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
I got $86,500 on BaT recently for my 66. It didn't have a Coyote, overdrive, or AC, but it was a clean build with higher than average attention to detail. It was not on par with any of the big builders (Icon, Vintage, Maxlider, etc), but it also didn't go for $150k either. There are a lot of $50k Broncos that could command higher value if the owner chose different finishes (maybe a different interior color/style, paint color, wheels, and better fit/finish of the sheetmetal). All these items, combined, can bring better money for an otherwise average Bronco build.

yours was clean for sure! nice build

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
agree with this. also consider that your time IS worth something. it takes a decent amount of work to have a bronco with 3.5" lift track and handle straight down the road going +60mph.
I could use some advice on that