• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Difference between 1966 and 1967 doors?

chuddy

I thought 66-67 doors were exactly the same, but then heard they are different. What gives?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There are a lot of other members here more schooled in the differences than I, but I think the main difference that is most noticed right away is the location of lock cylinder for the key.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I believe the similarities between the two would include the bolt in window frames and the location of the striker and latch. There may be other differences besides the key but that's at least one.

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
The door key hole is just above the belt line on the 66', they moved it up almost touching the door handle on the 67' to clear the belt line trim for the Sport package. Interior door panels whether base or sport were different than the 66' also. Same with the interior door and window handles for the 67' I believe.

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
The door key hole is just above the belt line on the 66', they moved it up almost touching the door handle on the 67' to clear the belt line trim for the Sport package. Interior door panels whether base or sport were different than the 66' also. Same with the interior door and window handles for the 67' I believe.

For the doors that have key holes...

(okie4570, I know you know this, but it's worth mentioning.)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
For the doors that have key holes...

(okie4570, I know you know this, but it's worth mentioning.)

I think I've seen two 66' passenger doors without. Not sure that I've seen any 67' but that doesn't mean they weren't out there

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Uhm...then how would you know that they weren't 67 doors??? (aside from them being mounted on a 66?)

Because they were on two 66' with original paint. Looking at the build date on top of the window frame would be another way.