• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is this Door Window Track correct?

BigO

First off, this is in regards to the door's forward upper window track. The track I bought is missing the "tab" at the bottom that slides behind the top of the forward lower window track, preventing it from sliding out. In the picture, on the left is the track I received from the vendor, on the right is the original track I removed.

I contacted the vendor, and they said "these have been made without the tab for years, with no problems". I pointed out that the picture on their website shows the track with a tab, to which they said "that is an old picture and they will fix it". Bottom line, they said "I do not need the tab to keep this window track in place".

My question to all of you, is this tab really unnecessary? Without the tab, it seems like the track could work its way loose when the window is rolled down? :eek:

Attachments

• WindowTrack.jpg
    WindowTrack.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 47

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I have the new ones on mine ...been on there about a year and a half now...no prob,but I kept my old ones just incase I needed to install that tap on the end...