• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

It has begun! Sheyla's dream build 1973 Half Cab

gr8scott

Bronco Guru
Incredible build Jim. Good choice with the Proform valve covers, love mine.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice Jim....

Progress! Just keeping at it and little by little this rig is getting done. We made a lot of extra room so we are running a new Spal brushless fan. Also have some new Explorer brackets to hold the A/C comp. and Delphi pump. I have to put in a few more Saturdays but I think we will be firing it up relatively soon.

Jim

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
How is the Build going Jim?

At the stereo shop right now. We broke in the 347 while my wife was out of the shop. It's not a surprise but she does not know it's running. Should have exhaust and test miles by next weekend. The final steps are carpet and seat upholstery. The A/C hose is bugging me so I'm going to change it. The Sniper and Dakota are up and running. Seems like it has plenty of power.;D Hoping for the full unveil around Christmas.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_2985.jpg
    IMG_2985.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2987.jpg
    IMG_2987.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3051.jpg
    IMG_3051.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3061.jpg
    IMG_3061.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 127

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Wow! That is awesome. Great job, that is a thing of beauty!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looking good Jim..

At the stereo shop right now. We broke in the 347 while my wife was out of the shop. It's not a surprise but she does not know it's running. Should have exhaust and test miles by next weekend. The final steps are carpet and seat upholstery. The A/C hose is bugging me so I'm going to change it. The Sniper and Dakota are up and running. Seems like it has plenty of power.;D Hoping for the full unveil around Christmas.

Jim

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Looking good Jim. I a sure the unveil will be amazing. x2 on Mitch videoing it...

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It looks awesome Jim! It looks like it might get to pull ole Santa's sleigh this year! I'm sure Sheyla is excited!

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Bronco looks great. What do you have planned for rear license plate mounting with the custom tailgate?

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Bronco looks great. What do you have planned for rear license plate mounting with the custom tailgate?

Looking at center mount on the bumper. Billet or chrome frame. It will hang down a little but that is what the plan is now.

Jim

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Just got it back from the stereo shop. We worked with Dynamic Audio of Lodi. Great work and the sound is amazing. Tilt your head and check it out.;D Speakers are up in the Cage Dave roll bar and the deck is also mounted high at the front. The sub and amp are hidden behind a cool custom magnetic panel.

On to exhaust, carpet and upholstery and loose ends. We are close but not making it for Christmas. I bought her an "I Believe" shirt from Thom Cheney.:cool:

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3081.jpg
    IMG_3081.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3083.jpg
    IMG_3083.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3087.jpg
    IMG_3087.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 70

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Looking at center mount on the bumper. Billet or chrome frame. It will hang down a little but that is what the plan is now.

Jim

Jim - Thanks for reply. Please post a pic when you decide and get it mounted. I’m building a 1973 halfcab right now too and want to mount somewhere other than stock. I thought about center bumper too, knowing it will hang down as you mention.