• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LED Light Bars for the Bronco

BRONCOBERT

Has anyone put LED light bars on a Bronco and do you have a picture.
I can get great pricing on the bars but cant find a spot on the Brono where they look good. I have tried one on the roll bar but it just did not look right so I took it off. They look really good on the Raptor.
SAM_7302_zps9560c10d.jpg

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I just bought a Rigid Industries 20" that I'll be putting on the front bumper. Its a pre-runner style bumper I built myself with a spot in mind specifically for that light. I'll post some pix of it when I get around to doing it.

What's that in your pic, a 30"? I've thought that if I win the lottery I may buy a 50" and fab some mounts to put it at the top of the windshield.

OP
OP
BRONCOBERT

BRONCOBERT

That one is a 40" I bought one for the Raptor and one for the Bronco, I also tried a 50" on the Roll cage but it was too long to mount with the Rigid mounts, the 40 looks to short.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
That one is a 40" I bought one for the Raptor and one for the Bronco, I also tried a 50" on the Roll cage but it was too long to mount with the Rigid mounts, the 40 looks to short.

I guess it won't look so awkward if it was mounted into something or surrounded by some enclosure. add some round adjustable KC lights on the end to balance the look.

OP
OP
BRONCOBERT

BRONCOBERT

Icon has some in the front bumper but those are too small to give off enough light.
Icon-Bronco-04-1111-mdn.jpg

Dusty

Bronco Guru

Well since you don't seem to be too shy about getting more ;D, why not add a couple of dually's to either side of the 40. Then fab some brackets to get it out in front of the soft top riser, it would look better than having them up on top, in my opinion.

OP
OP
BRONCOBERT

BRONCOBERT

Well since you don't seem to be too shy about getting more ;D, why not add a couple of dually's to either side of the 40. Then fab some brackets to get it out in front of the soft top riser, it would look better than having them up on top, in my opinion.

Kind of like this? If they only made brackets like that for the Classic Bronco, that would be sweet!
534927_10151388179842379_1629059252_n.jpg

Ya besides with it mounted to the Roll bar I could not put the soft top back on. Ha!

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I work for the company (Poison Spyder) that makes those brackets for Rigid. I wish the EB market was big enough to justify us making parts for it. But if it was our EB's would be as common and boring as those dime-a-dozen Jeeps. (which, by the way, I AM glad there is a lot of those :) )

But something like that is what I was thinking of. BTW that's a 50" on the Jeep in that pic. I wonder how much wider the JK windshield is versus the EB? I haven't actually measured it yet.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
They look good on the Raptor.
Looks great, but that's like 4k bucks worth of high-end LED's right there!!!!%)

I have the little Rigid Industries SR-M's like in the Icon pic and that's $300 bucks alone, and they're the smallest ones they make!!!

OP
OP
BRONCOBERT

BRONCOBERT

Ya the Rigids are not cheap but they are BadAss bright.
I have an extra set of Dually D2's I will see if its posible to mounts those near the bottom of the windshield at each corner.
xcntrk did you mount your SR-M's in the bumper? I have a set of SRM2"s in flush mount but would hate to cut the chrome bumper.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I haven't mounted them yet. They're going in a custom front bumper project... I might hang them down behind my stock factory bumper temporarily until I get around to the custom front (haven't even started it yet).

todd.gorman

Loc.
Ceyzerieu, France
Did you try it just below the lip of the hood in front of the grill? I debated putting mine there but it was too long. Yours I think would work. Here's where I'll be putting mine but it is a 50" SR and pretty slim.
ezugu4y8.jpg
du3u5yga.jpg
sugeqemu.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365532959.683167.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365532959.683167.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
BRONCOBERT

BRONCOBERT

That looks so much better with the 50" Do you think an E-series 50 would fit in that spot just as well
I measured and it looks like a 20" will fit nicely behind the grill, that would be nice and stealthy, although it would block a small portion of the rad.

todd.gorman

Loc.
Ceyzerieu, France
You'd have to make your own brackets. The E-series is twice as thick as the SR. The SR just clears the wipers where I have it with the Rigid brackets but the brackets are right against the riser for the Best top and it is impossible to feed the top into it. I will make my own brackets and put it just a tad higher and maybe some sort of tub guard to protect it from branches and such. I think the E series would be nearly the same height as the riser and blend in ok....but as I said your looking at a fab job.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I would think you'd have to fab some brackets too. Shouldn't be too difficult, just use the upper bolt holes in the windshield frame where the hardtop and softtop riser mounts. Maybe go 1/8" plate bent to contour down around the windshield and attach to the ends of the light. Problem isn't the bracket fabrication, it's how to bring the wires in. Might have to use/make a flat or ribbon cable and come in over the windshield frame as well.

I was going to mount a set of D2's on each corner using this approach. Never got around to it. But did photochop it once to see what it would look like:

Attachments

• rigid-industries-dually.jpg
    rigid-industries-dually.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 176
OP
OP
BRONCOBERT

BRONCOBERT

Oh thats photoshopped? I did try this yesterday with some D2's, asked my daughter for her opinion and she said the Bronco looks like a beach buggy with out them and scary with them, you gotta love the honesty of children.
SAM_0840_zps42d54819.jpg

tbrend

Loc.
God's Country (Iowa)
Oh thats photoshopped? I did try this yesterday with some D2's, asked my daughter for her opinion and she said the Bronco looks like a beach buggy with out them and scary with them, you gotta love the honesty of children.
SAM_0840_zps42d54819.jpg

Why do you have two different styles of headlights?

OP
OP
BRONCOBERT

BRONCOBERT

I can never make up mined when it comes to modes, installed both so I can make a decision. What do you like better?
SAM_0822_zps44911d76.jpg

SAM_0823_zpsa7dab3f3.jpg

They are both made by TruckLite and are high quality lights.