• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Making a front bumper- who's got the plans?

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Fellas,

Awhile back I saw a thread where someone had made a proto fab type bumper (the plate steel kind, not tube) and they had posted all the CAD plans so a guy like me could take it to the metal shop and have them cut all the pieces so I could weld it together myself.

At least I think I saw a thread like this but it was awhile ago- I did a search and no luck.

Aside from the pride of making your own bumper, is there a real cost advantage?

tobinj

Loc.
Martinsburg, WV
Here ya go, desert thrashers bumper put into a PDF by Airmapper..........enjoy

Attachments

• Desert Thrasher's Plate Bumper.pdf
    290.4 KB · Views: 505

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Bummer about your rollover Bundy. Hope no one was hurt. Hope the new bumper works out for you. I think a stinger would look good on it. I will be starting a rear matching bumper soon.

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Thanks Desert Thrasher.

How did you mount the winch? What about to cut the hole for the fairlead?

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
I just drilled the holes through the bottom 1/4" thick plate. I used a smittybilt winch and used their diagram to place where the holes needed to go.
For the fairlead it was kind of crude, I drilled the corners of the slot and used a 4 1/2" cutoff to cut out the slot, then used a smaller cutoff to cut out the ends. Now I have a plasma cutter which will work much better.

COSCAG00

Thanks for the link- what winch are you putting in there? I have an older Warn XD9000i so I want to make sure she'll fit.

In light of my recent rollover I think I am going to do a big stinger in case of future rollovers. Anyone running stingers?

My plan is to install a Warn 8274 eventually. I think I will have to add to the bumper to mount it due to the vertical mounting position of it. Pretty much any winch that mounts from the bottom should fit in this design.