• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Meat's EB Progress **11 APR** new glow in dark guages and aux light pics!

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
Well I thought Id start my own thread for my progess since I am home now and will be spending lots of time fixing up my ride. Some things are small fixes or improvements, but it will be cool to see how things evolved in the end.

Heres some pics of my finished front and rear seats. The were pretty beat up before, I bought the set on ebay, seems to be pretty nice. I hope I never have to re-upholster seats again, what a bitch.....anyways, I think they turned out pretty well.

Attachments

• P1010130.JPG
    P1010130.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 158
  • tt.JPG
    tt.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
OP
OP
meathead333

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
well, i did have some trouble with the front seats. the bottom of my new covers didnt seem to fit underneath the seat like the old ones, so i had to improvise. the seems to small or short. rather than attaching it to the bottom of the seat like the original ones were, i ended up securing it with 550 cord. i laced it like a shoe on the underside for both the front seats. so far its working, hopely the vinyl wont rip where i laced it. like others have recoomended, i would definately get the special tool(i forget what its called) for the little clip things. i used vinyl spray paint for the rear arm rests and a hammered spray paint for the rear frame. the biggest problem was trying to get the driver side seats, right rear bolt. that thing was burried. took me like an hour to get it off. i wont be putting that bolt back in till i line the tub.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
It looks Great meathead ;D

I look forward to following this thread and seeing lots of pics of your progress :cool:

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Meat!

That looks fantastic!

I wish I had been there to help you! I am assuming you got the covers from Uphulsterman on Ebay? If you did, the seat bottoms are designed to be just a weeeee bit small. So that when they expand in the sun they don't warp & get all nasty displaced & what not. The key is to ever so slightly heat the Vinyl up & it will stretch like a doozy! Oh well, you idea has an even better solution where if it does stretch in the future, you can just readjust!

I haven't a clue if I sent this to you before or not, but this is how I did it.

http://classicbroncos.com/recoveredseats.shtml

MnkyBiz

OP
OP
meathead333

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
MnkyBiz said:
I am assuming you got the covers from Uphulsterman on Ebay?
yes

MnkyBiz said:
If you did, the seat bottoms are designed to be just a weeeee bit small. So that when they expand in the sun they don't warp & get all nasty displaced & what not. The key is to ever so slightly heat the Vinyl up & it will stretch like a doozy!
crap...so do you think mine will strech out later on once it warms up? yes, i guess i could go and retighten them...uuggh, not again! :p thanks, nice tech article by the way.

OP
OP
meathead333

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
ok, i figured its about time i posted some updated pics...i have been doing some small things while i wiat for a good time to start on my floor pans and rust removal.

finally got my door panels and new door cups on, now i just need to get some new black paint!

i removed my visors and wiper box right after i bought my EB, they were white, now they are black. i used this cool "plastic dip" spray paint. it has a neat texture to it.

also installed my new brushed aluminum colum cover to macth my doors.

i posted a pic of my new J-shifter already, but it was in another post, so here it is again.

and finally, my new tuffy console and glovebox.

i cant wait to get all my rust out of the tub and have my liner on finally, it will look like a totally different EB!

Attachments

• P1010033.JPG
    P1010033.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 68
  • P1010035.JPG
    P1010035.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 99
  • P1010036.JPG
    P1010036.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 63
  • P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 61
  • P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 69
  • P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 103

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Meat!

You should have gone a bit snazzier than that! I have these!

Igjc05.jpg

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Looken good meathead and seeing the primate lock knobs got me to thinken. I might just use some bullet casings to modify mine to something unique :cool:

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Astark & Meat.

If you go to www.mooneyes.com they have tons of different styles of locks.

Meat, I am not trying to down-trod your locks. They do look nice. I am going for a surf-mobile look so I go for the Tiki goofy.

I hope I didn't cause any not so good feelings due to my suggestion of tiki gods!

Bill