• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Meddle’s (interior) rebuild

OP
OP
Meddle

Meddle

Contributor
Loc.
Upstate NY
Needed to restore the new hazard light lens before installing. Found some translucent Avery color labels which, with a little trimming, were a perfect fit and match with the brake warning light below. Problem solved!

IMG_0277.jpeg IMG_0276.jpeg

OP
OP
Meddle

Meddle

Contributor
Loc.
Upstate NY
Dry fitting the new seats, center console and head unit while I wait for some steering column parts to be delivered.

IMG_0325.jpeg

OP
OP
Meddle

Meddle

Contributor
Loc.
Upstate NY
Needs a trim plate but the head unit is all wired in. I really didn’t want to cut into the dash any more than the PO did. This Sony unit with wireless CarPlay fits single din pretty good.

IMG_0327.jpeg

OP
OP
Meddle

Meddle

Contributor
Loc.
Upstate NY
Column is done and steering wheel is looking straight and shiny. Had to have the gear indicator light match the blue gauge! Also chromed the shifter knob to pull it all together. Horn button works now after much futzing with the config from PO, which was incorrect.

IMG_0371.jpeg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, thought for a hot minute, but no twins for me. Wife, who will drive only if I need a ride to hospital, can barely operate one stick! Not misogynist, just speaking the truth.

LOL make her happy too Nothing wrong w/it :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Column is done and steering wheel is looking straight and shiny. Had to have the gear indicator light match the blue gauge! Also chromed the shifter knob to pull it all together. Horn button works now after much futzing with the config from PO, which was incorrect.

View attachment 920553

Looks nice.. Great work

OP
OP
Meddle

Meddle

Contributor
Loc.
Upstate NY
Relocated the gauge toggle to the useless hole under the steering column and decided to use the other hole for a headlight reminder because I just know I’ll be draining the battery someday without one. This one not only looks great but beeps and flashes when you leave the lights on. Can you tell I hate holes in my dash? No more holes!

IMG_0373.jpeg
IMG_0378.jpeg IMG_0380.jpeg

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Relocated the gauge toggle to the useless hole under the steering column and decided to use the other hole for a headlight reminder because I just know I’ll be draining the battery someday without one. This one not only looks great but beeps and flashes when you leave the lights on. Can you tell I hate holes in my dash? No more holes!

View attachment 920615
View attachment 920616 View attachment 920617
I've thought about a headlight reminder, too. Also like the upgraded shift indicator illumination. None of this was really done though, you know, unless you tell us how you did it!:unsure:

OP
OP
Meddle

Meddle

Contributor
Loc.
Upstate NY
None of this was really done though, you know, unless you tell us how you did it
😁

For the gear indicator light, I simply replaced the bulb! I believe a light socket was stock on 74-77 automatic columns (someone correct me if not the case). Mine was wired incorrectly by the PO and didn’t illuminate. I had no idea there was even a light on mine until I pulled the steering wheel for replacement and was like, what is this thing? You do have to pull the wheel to access the bulb, however. The bulb type is a standard 194.

The headlight reminder was sourced from Watson Streetworks. The unit comes with a relay that gets wired to the headlight output wire and an ignition controlled circuit.

https://watsons-streetworks.com/product/headlight-reminder-buzzer/

The “bezels” around the gauge toggle and headlight reminder are just stainless 5/8 x 1-3/4” washers that I reamed, polished, and bolted to the underside of the dash.

OP
OP
Meddle

Meddle

Contributor
Loc.
Upstate NY
It’s been a while…I had some mechanical items to knock off my list, and now that it’s finally starting to warm up in upstate NY, I can turn my attention back to the interior. It’s time to lay some rubber! Went down pretty smooth and I expect it will settle a bit more. Got the shifter boot in too.

IMG_0526.jpeg
IMG_0527.jpeg

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Looks Great! Would you mind posting the link for the SS Tube? Everything I find on Amazon is 16MM OD

Torkman66

Contributor
Absolutely beautiful! I love how you are doing this yourself, making parts you need, and pulling it all together for a more modern ride. Very nice work!

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm nit-picking here: can you reroute the ground wire for the heater blower motor? I have big feet and that looks like a potential problem in the future.