• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Modeling the new shoes...and wheels

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
14" wide? do the they rub? my 12.5 hit my Cage shocks when locked at full lokc?

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
14" wide? do the they rub? my 12.5 hit my Cage shocks when locked at full lokc?

Rubbing ? to be determined, if they do it shouldn't be much, inner fenders have been trimmed quite a bit. They do rub the radius arms at full lock, even with 1.25 wheel spacers.

nelson_bros

Loc.
los anchorage
your rig is definitely the cat's ass!!:cool:

and i thought it looked sweet before... it gives me something to aspire to for sure!

WELL DONE!!

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
Rubbing ? to be determined, if they do it shouldn't be much, inner fenders have been trimmed quite a bit. They do rub the radius arms at full lock, even with 1.25 wheel spacers.

What backspacing are you running. I just got some 16x10 Allied's with a 2.5" backspacing and am getting the 37x14 IROK's before OCBR. Hoping they won't hit the arms but if they do I can put my spacers on. Will be wide as hell with the 2.5" BS and spacers so hoping they won't hit.

Looks great by the way!

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
3.625 back spacing and I have 1.25 wheel spacers. Yours should sit about the same. They do rub the radius arms because the paint is worn off them but it can't be bad because I don't notice it from the steering wheel.

BroncoJak and rmfreeze both went to IROK's not long before I did, I watched both of them ease up trails that they previously had been slinging rocks on, my rig did the same thing after changing the tires and being aired down. I'm sold on the IROKs. BigED has switched to them also and I'm guessing for the same reason.

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
3.625 back spacing and I have 1.25 wheel spacers. Yours should sit about the same. They do rub the radius arms because the paint is worn off them but it can't be bad because I don't notice it from the steering wheel.

BroncoJak and rmfreeze both went to IROK's not long before I did, I watched both of them ease up trails that they previously had been slinging rocks on, my rig did the same thing after changing the tires and being aired down. I'm sold on the IROKs. BigED has switched to them also and I'm guessing for the same reason.

Good deal. Looks like I'll be running the spacers most likely. I have worn out 37" IROK radials for my "street tires" right now. Took them to Superlift in May and was highly impressed at what they would do considering the wear and the fact that I was running about 15 lbs. Where did you buy your tires from? I have looked online and best I can find for 5 shipped to my door is about $1,405. PM me if you want. Thanks and looking forward to seeing your rig in person next month!

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
why are you buying 5? I would use one of those radials for a spare.

I got mine from 4 wheel parts, can't remember exactly but it was 9 something, just under 1k for 4 shipped to my door.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I really like the Iroks.. How much lift do u have?

WH 3.5 suspension and I have the WH 1 inch body lift with a nickstrix 1 inch block on top of it, it's actually just a little over 2 inches of body lift total.
PLUS a lot of inner fender trimming.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Me too.. ;D

took me about 4 hours to dismount & mount the new tires 37x12.50x17 Goodyear MTR's on Allied beadlocks put 11 ounces of air soft pellets in each tire, for got to put them in 2 of the tires will need to stop at my buddies to break the inner bead cause I ain't taken the bolt off again.
I used a battery powered screw gun to put the bolts in broke 2 off the first 2 wheels so I did the remaining 2 by hand, specs say 12 ft lbs not more than 15 ft lbs.

I tried to make the 2 metal pieces touch each other but after breaking the bolts I just left them not touching.

These are mounted on my good bronco but as soon as I get a set of 35" BFG AT's I will put these on my trail bronco.

Attachments

• 2010-08-05 19.10.25.jpg
    2010-08-05 19.10.25.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2010-08-05 19.10.56.jpg
    2010-08-05 19.10.56.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice ransil, the airsoft pellets have worked well for me.

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
why are you buying 5? I would use one of those radials for a spare.

I got mine from 4 wheel parts, can't remember exactly but it was 9 something, just under 1k for 4 shipped to my door.

Sounds like a hell of a deal! That was the original plan for a spare but I bout the wheels used as a set of 5 and would go crazy seeing a brand new beadlock just sitting by his lonesome. :)

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How do you know how many to put per tire?

I don't know. I bought 2 of the large containers from wal-mart and put 1/2 container in each one. I think I found a thread that suggested that on here, been a year can't really remember. It works, no vibration. I have heard people mention being able to hear the pellets when coming to a stop, unless I'm listening for it I never hear them.

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
Me too.. ;D

took me about 4 hours to dismount & mount the new tires 37x12.50x17 Goodyear MTR's on Allied beadlocks put 11 ounces of air soft pellets in each tire, for got to put them in 2 of the tires will need to stop at my buddies to break the inner bead cause I ain't taken the bolt off again.
I used a battery powered screw gun to put the bolts in broke 2 off the first 2 wheels so I did the remaining 2 by hand, specs say 12 ft lbs not more than 15 ft lbs.

I tried to make the 2 metal pieces touch each other but after breaking the bolts I just left them not touching.

These are mounted on my good bronco but as soon as I get a set of 35" BFG AT's I will put these on my trail bronco.

If you don't want to break them I have a method I used...take a cajun injector surrenge without the needle and bore out the inner tip with a drill bit. Take out your valve core to let the air out. Put the beads in the surrenge to about 3/4 full. Put it in the stem and pump away. It works great! The pumping draws air out of the tire and then pushes it and the beads back in. You can put 15 ounces in in less than 5 min. Don't try the wife's cake icing tips...bad results.