• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Must have tools/ Your wish list.

jbbies

Loc.
Durango
What tools do you guys have that you could not live without?

What tools are on your wish list? I just counted mine up its 50 deep. lol

Bronc76

my air compressor and accessories.

my wish list- more accessories.

12-Pack Jeff

Loc.
La Mirada, Ca
I dont know what i'd really use one for, but a plasma cutter would be cool. A welder would be nice too, but I guess I'd have to learn how to weld first.. :D

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
My lift, I could probably live without it but would hate every minute.

getfuzzy

The three things I use the most welder- plasma- cold saw. things to get tube bender and a lathe. Don't use the air tools to much the compressor is noise as hell[Oilless compressor suck]

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Love the air tools (compressor in separate shed), torches, welder. Wish list, garage w/lift instead of tent with no space!

BroncoProject

Loc.
Modesto
I would like someone that knows what they are doing. I would actually say welder like mentioned before...and learn to weld.

Durtymax

Well number one on my realistic wish list is a CNC mill. That is in the near future. One the in my dreams it is a three axis water jet.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Dewalt 18v cordless angle grinder. It burns up batteries, but cuts fast. Metal blades for steel, cast iron, stainless, hardened steel. One 3 year old diamond blade for tile, stone, clay pipe, & concrete. It works far far away from home, & won't kill me if I run water into it while cutting a pipe.

The rest of the Dewalt set. Sawzall, drills, etc. They all work far far away from home. The sawzall with a rough wood blade makes quick work of tree branches on trail work days (For those of us not Forestry Service certified on a chainsaw yet). Most of the tools have plenty of power, but the circular saw is kinda weak.

Hydraulic press. I got one about a year ago. Many jobs that were difficult before are just easier with it.

Air chisel. I don't use it much, but it makes quick work of certain tasks.

Drill press. It drills faster & more accurately than handheld drills. I have an adjustable wood base & fence that makes repetitive drilling quick & easy.

Baby Vise-Grips. There are some jobs that baby Vise-Grips can do that almost nothing else can. I lost a set once, & found them still hanging on to that stripped out brake bleeder many miles later. %)

25' speaker cord test jumper with alligator clip ends. It works good to run known hot & ground from the battery to replace parts of circuits for testing. It's heavy enough to provide temporary power to a lot of components. I've clipped one end to the component & a power source, & used the other clips at the other end as a temporary switch inside for testing or to get home.

Floor jack & tall, heavy duty axle stands.

Learning to weld & a welder are on my wish list.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Gear wrench set..

4.5" grinder ( a few of them)

welder

Plasma Cutter

BFH

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
One year my wife found a really helpful guy at OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware -- like a Home Depot without the forklifts, massive size and emphasis on contractors), where they have a pretty good tool department that sells Craftsman as well as other brands like Stanley.

She knows I'm really hard to shop for at Christmas when it comes to tools, but with his help, she put together a nice little assortment of small, handy tools that are really useful time and again. Extendable magnetic grabber, a claw grabber, flashlight with a gooseneck LED light, assorted picks, micro screwdrivers, small magnetic tray, and so on.

Not too expensive, nothing I didn't need, and invaluably handy to keep in the "miscellaneous" drawer of the rollaway.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I can do anything with this tool.
At least it feels like it...
It's my 2nd savior...
Metabo 4 1/2" 7amp grinder

Attachments

• grinder.jpg
    grinder.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 8

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Wish List:

Plasma Cutter

Tig or Mig Welder

Cordless Impact

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
bandsaw, lift, tubing bender, new compressor (mines 30yrs and has rod knocking).
I could go on!