• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My coyote nightmare

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it possible to loosen all the body bolts and actually slide the body back a hair? There is usually a little wiggle room.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

Also the steering is close to the engine.
e0f3a7ea5a206ae7070179adbcfaf07b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

Hemmer - How much body lift do you have?

You will need at least 2" Body lift with that style of Bracket / Booster.

The Inline Bracket over the Driver's Side Inner Fender will work with a 1" body Lift. I did this with Hydroboost. (Pictured) The lower left edge of the bracket had to be radiused to clear.

What bracket are you using for that hydro boost? I have a Astrovan booster sitting in my backyard.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can find that bracket on eBay.

Search "Bronco Hydro Boost". He has a couple options for you. One specifid to the Astro set-up.

My 77 is also pictured but that is for a Mustang Hydro Boost.

Tell the guy on eBay it's for a Bronco with a Coyote Motor. He has tweeked the design of the Bracket for it.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

You can find that bracket on eBay.

Search "Bronco Hydro Boost". He has a couple options for you. One specifid to the Astro set-up.

My 77 is also pictured but that is for a Mustang Hydro Boost.

Tell the guy on eBay it's for a Bronco with a Coyote Motor. He has tweeked the design of the Bracket for it.

Ok thank you for the help. I’m starting to have fitment issues like crazy. I just don’t know why the engine is so close to the firewall.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As with all custom modifications to these Broncos, once you modify one thing (Coyote Motor), other items fall in line for modification too.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

Yes u just wish the BC mounts didn’t bring it so close. My buddy did an LS swap in his 56 Chevy. His engine mounts are adjustable. That would be very nice to have.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

Was going to try to move the body back a little on the frame to give me some room
76c5d06dee02d21165af921bb19f426a.jpg

This is looking down in the engine bay at the body mount side of the hole. Doesn’t seem like I’ll have any room to move the body back. Looks like it’s as far back as it wants to go.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

97848a78c2a087a9e13195d8059a971c.jpg

Had to modify the booster bracket but it fits. No room for the engine cover tho. ):

Jamie Chriss

The brake booster bracket, wondering if others have had the same problem? Would hydro boost do away with this issue?

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

What bracket are you using for that hydro boost? I have a Astrovan booster sitting in my backyard.

Are you using the bc bronco coyote SERP set up? I wonder how the power steering pump does with the hydro boost ?

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

ad65bcc4b8d3587f6f843d63b222d35e.jpg

Engine pulled monstaliner put in engine bay.

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

Sorry for no update. Had to move the engine forward (modify the bc mounts) also I was able to use the f-150 headers. (Most people said u you can’t). Couple of pics. Waiting on one part and should be up and running.
d6d9d115c412d9552d3a6791da4c1017.jpg

I have moved mostly to the coyote bronco swap face book page for most of my posts and info
Will take more pics later.

Jamie Chriss

Sad this site didn't start a Coyote specific page! Agree the Facebook site has a lazy administrator who takes forever to approve a new members.