• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My first (well, TECHNICALLY second) early bronco

agduckhunter

After much searching, I bought a '73 back in early July that I found out had some VIN issues, so I thankfully got my money back. Long story short, after another month of searching, I found this 1967 on Craigslist in Florida. Trailered it back to Houston in early August and finally got the right wheel/tire combination put on (today!)

Before:

IMG_20130811_171901_236_zps291c2980.jpg

After (same size tires....35-12.50, but 15" wheels instead of those obnoxious 20's):

newshoes1_zps72ec1c93.jpg

newshoes2_zpsa163e17a.jpg

newshoes3_zps4e3ef2ae.jpg

Next up, new bumpers (with tire carrier) and family cage!

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
dang, I kind of like the bling bling look. still a good looking rig. congrats!

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Nice Bronco!! I think it looks much better with the 15's. How much lift do you have?

OP
OP
agduckhunter

agduckhunter

Nice Bronco!! I think it looks much better with the 15's. How much lift do you have?

Honestly, I have no idea. I know it has a 3" body lift, but I'm truly not sure if there's some suspension lift, too. Seems like a ton of clearance for just a 3" body lift.

Thanks for the kind words. Here's a pic of it sans doors:

doorless2_zps12ac364d.jpg

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
From a Donk to a Bronc,with the drop of a dime. Money well spent. Too bad Impalas don't have 5x5.5's.....

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good looking Bronco! I like it much better with the 15" wheels! Those 20's need to be on a LTD or a Caprice!!!

Toddpole

Contributor
Much better. I love that color!
If you still have the 20s I'm sure you can find some dude with an older F150 or a Dodge that would think those look sweet on his ride.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Looks great! Same color as my old 76 I've been looking for in Florida/Alabama area. The new wheels and tires are a huge improvement.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Amazing what a difference a quick change of the wheels/tires can do.

I can appreciate all kinds - its what makes these Broncos so unique!