• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My New Favorite Bronco

Pepper0105

Found this beauty on Dallas Craigslist a couple weeks ago and I just can't quit looking at it. I'll definitely be using this for inspiration for my current build. Does anyone know what color that is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 386

rhino2104

That's one of the colors that I'm considering for my restoration except that I'm considering a tan/mocha colored top instead of white.

House

Minutia Militia
Cool looking rig, but wouldn't the tires and rear wheel wells try to eat each other if you even flexed out on a curb? It must ride like a brick...?

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Cool looking rig, but wouldn't the tires and rear wheel wells try to eat each other if you even flexed out on a curb? It must ride like a brick...?

That's the first thing I thought. First time you hit a dip in the road it looks like those tires are going to roach the fenders. Very nice looking rig and great color too.

OP
OP
P

Pepper0105

I was wondering the same thing. I love the look but im hoping someone with a similar set up can chime in and give some insight on fender rubbing. I don't plan on doing much if any offroading so maybe I could get by with it?

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
That's gorgeous. Is that a factory color? My '71 was originally a dark green and I'm wondering if this is what it was called.

OP
OP
P

Pepper0105

That's gorgeous. Is that a factory color? My '71 was originally a dark green and I'm wondering if this is what it was called.

It was listed as 1971 Ford Bronco. The add said Holly Green but it was for sale by a 3rd party so I'm not sure they knew what they were talking about. They didn't have hardly any other detail about it.

66broncofan

Contributor
Nice looking rig. From the pics in the above link the tire size is 33x12.50 Nope I don't think it will work well on a Luber. The rear vertical door gaps look suspect to me. There is either a lack of curve to the quarter panel because of the striker post or the door is bowed out. All in all nice ride but not a 40K ride I don't think.

zonian

Loc.
St. Augustine
It is a factory color, have the same on my 76 and the marti-sheet shows it came with that ford color scheme......

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
That's what happens a few pop up on Barrett Jacksons for 40-50K and suddenly they are all worth that.... I would say 10-15K it's not a perfectly restored...I don't have anything negative to say about this bronco it looks nice...the tires are too wide the first time off the pavement will hurt those pretty fenders and then the new owner will cut them I'm sure... New wheel tire combo and that Luber will be awesome!

I was torn between dark blue and a Forrest green when I painted my bronco...I went with blue but I see this and try to picture mine green