• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help from those with shop manuals

71 BRNCO

Okay so I pulled apart the steering column to change my signal switch and need the diagram from the ford shop manual to get this back together. What a mess I don't know how the signal switch gets positioned and where the bolts go and where the little spring goes. Basically i am retarded. A nice clear diagram would be a life saver. PLease someone email me fax me or post here please!!!!

thanks kyle
kylevaughn@cbpbenefits.com
410-986-0987 Fax

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Thanks for the help. I saw that but its for an Auto not 3 speed. I would really like the pic out of the shop manual. Thanks for info on JBG though that will help with other projects

whitsend

Loc.
Boyne City, MI.
71 BRNCO said:
Okay so I pulled apart the steering column to change my signal switch and need the diagram from the ford shop manual to get this back together. What a mess I don't know how the signal switch gets positioned and where the bolts go and where the little spring goes. Basically i am retarded. A nice clear diagram would be a life saver. PLease someone email me fax me or post here please!!!!

thanks kyle
kylevaughn@cbpbenefits.com
410-986-0987 Fax

Kyle,

I have a 71 Bronco and the shop manual for it. I will try to get you something tonight and fax it tomorrow from work. Dan:cool:

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Dan-
I cannot thank you enough. Thats my work fax so that would be great..kyle

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

ttt-

Thanks jdunn for the manual stuff
but I really need some pictures or someone to tell me where each piece goes. I have already taken the column apart and rewired the signal switch and ran the wire down the column. the hardwork is done not just trying to figure out where these springs and bushing and stuff go. I know that I should have paid more attention taking it apart but to late. I have a spring, the bracket with three holes for the screws, a bushing cone shaped thing and the two bolts. I know the bolts just sit in the notch out piece but where does these other pieces go. Also if anyone can take a picture of the wiring plug under the dash that would be a life saver. My wires had been spliced so I had a few incorrect colored wires there. I want to make sure I put the right wire in the right terminal. thank severyone

I want to get this thing together tonight and sunday

jims66

I have one that I can fax you but it has a lot of small print. It may not fax well. If you want I can mail a copy to you.

Jim

Your fax number does not work.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

jim could you try to fax it to 410-527-9876 and i will let you know if you comes out okay