• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help identifying aftermarket 5.0 EFI harness

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I purchased this 5.0 EFI motor harness used, but it appears to be complete and in pretty good condition with some of the sensors.
I thought it was a Painless harness but comparing it to the painless instructions there are some clear differences. The first thing I noticed was that the harness includes the inertia switch, the painless harness instructions make no reference to an inertia switch. The other big difference is the picture of the painless harness shows a fuse block with eight fuses and a relay block with two relays. The harness I bought has a fuse block with four fuses, and a relay block with four relays.
Any pointers on what I have or where I could download instructions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
JB
a773a70a920a0a27679ee9f9bc52b6b5.jpg
19e984b22243d115b05492d210b47d2b.jpg
a894ebe038c3e1dd6dc38fee468fb919.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The fuse/relay blocks give it away. But it has been too many years. I don't remember who. I just remember one had that setup.

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
That's the RJM harness. It is still in production, and available from Ron Francis today.

It's an excellent product, and solves all of the problems of the auto vs manual computer, as well as the EGR delete light.

It's the one you want if you are running 89-93 Mustang EFI in your Bronco or Early Mustang.

I downloaded the instructions and have a copy on .pdf that I can send you. It's too big to post, but I can e-mail to you. The old site that I got it from is dead...but that is the curse of the Internet...Old sites disappear.

Attachments

• RJMCOVrotate.jpg
    RJMCOVrotate.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
That's the RJM harness. It is still in production, and available from Ron Francis today.

It's an excellent product, and solves all of the problems of the auto vs manual computer, as well as the EGR delete light.

It's the one you want if you are running 89-93 Mustang EFI in your Bronco or Early Mustang.

I downloaded the instructions and have a copy on .pdf that I can send you. It's too big to post, but I can e-mail to you. The old site that I got it from is dead...but that is the curse of the Internet...Old sites disappear.
Thanks! Looks like I scored a bonus! Plus it came with an MSD billet distributor!
You can email me at john@vmsources.com

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Thanks everybody, and thanks jamesroney for the emailed PDF, I think I'm less than a week away from the reassembly stage!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can also access our instructions (for our #6048 on this page: https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/Bronco_Wiring_Harness) to give you the rundown in case you're away from your home computer and don't have access to Jame's copy you got.
Ours is a slightly modified version of the RJM harness made for us by Ron Francis that has a few changes I've found that were very handy when using the kit on a typical Bronco.

I haven't kept the links, but all of the old RJM Injection Technology and Old Ford Fuel Injection (same guy, Ryan McCormick) are still viewable using the right "archive" search protocols.

If nobody has them handy I will try to find mine. There was some really handy information there. Most of it is findable on other sites nowadays too, but back then he did some great initial legwork to work out all the interesting stuff to use Ford EFI in our Broncos.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I forgot to mention too JohnnyB, that your serial number still visible on the main connector might come in handy someday if you ever have a problem or maybe even have a question about your particular harness.
It should allow them to see when it was built, if it was sold through RJM or directly from Ron Francis or one of their other distributors, and maybe other handy info.
Mostly handy for them, but perhaps there are things you can find out along the way if you ever need to.

I've never called them with any kind of questions, but it's just that they keep track of all of their harnesses this way. Each one, whether it's a Bronco harness, or one of their may different main harnesses, is serialized for Q&A/Q&C purposes.

Paul