• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with Grille for 1974

Show Links

Loc.
Bakersfield
Hello,
I'm a new member who just purchased a 1974 Bronco. I am beginning the cataloging of parts based on my build needs and could use a little help. I have noticed that the front grille is all one piece with accompanying raised FORD letters; however, I love the look of a different grille which has FORD letters (in red and chrome) that can be attached with screws. Also, I like the grille with the chrome ring and chrome bezels.

Question - 1) Are these two separate grilles and, if I want this kind of grille, what kind (year, etc.) of grille will I need to purchase? 2) Lastly, are the different grilles interchangeable from year to year?

Many thanks for your help,

Rob

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Same grill just one is modified with all the trim mounting holes. I do believe all years are interchangeable. Turn signal mounting changed in '69-'70. Early '66 grills are slightly different style around headlights and are refered to as "eyebrow grills".

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
You just need to drill the mounting holes in the correct places and mount the letters and chrome trim.

The grilles with the letters and trim came with Sport and Ranger packages.

OP
OP
Show Links

Show Links

Loc.
Bakersfield
1974 Grille

Thanks to both of you for your help. I would assume that I can simply drill through the existing raised lettering (in the correction position) and attach the new letters, which will thoroughly cover the original raised lettering, correct?

Thanks again,

Rob

cs_88

Bronco Guru
The chrome letters will completely cover the raised, but it is not uncommon to need to remove material from the back of the chrome letters with a Dremel tool to get them to sit flush on the grill.