• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need parts source for my Dana 44 locking hub assemblies

Basketcase

I have three parts in one of my locking hubs that show wear from being stuck in a partially engaged position. The first engagement clutch gear, pressure spring and spring seat. These are the last three parts in the hub assembly furthest inboard on the axle. I can't find any replacement parts online yet and wondered if anyone else has found a source for these parts. If I can't find them then I will have to buy a full set of aftermarket locking hubs. Any guidance would be appreciated.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If they're the original stock hums Jeff's or wh might have parts for em. If they're aftermarket I would buy a new set but keep the old ones for parts. The warns break pretty easy.

OP
OP
B

Basketcase

I should have clarified that these are the stock Dana Spicer hubs. They look well built and tough enough and that is why I'm trying to repair them rather than purchase aftermarket like Warn or Milemarker.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Basketcase...
Give Toms a call.
I just bought some nice used parts for my Ford hubs from them, including a really good set of the red plastic hub knobs.
Toms has a lot of parts that aren't listed.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
To get spare parts for my Dana/Spicer locking hubs, I buy complete sets off ebey. GM, Ford, and Chrysler used them. The only difference is the color of the plastic center knob. GMs were yellow, Chryslers were blue, and Fords were red. When people figure out Ford hubs were used on EBs they jack up the price. So OE locking hubs for a '75 Trail Duster is a good place to start. New red knobs are available new but they're all interchangeable.

OP
OP
B

Basketcase

blubuckaroo & jcckys: Thanks for the insights and possible sources. I will give Tom's a call and if they don't have something I'll start prowling ebay.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Toms has been good for me for old parts and so has Randy at Driven. I think most of our vendors have stuff squirreled away especially if its not competing with new production stuff. I have not found any of our vendors not willing to help when they can.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I think I have a box with hub parts in my shed. I might have what you need, PM me if you are interested I do not plan on using them. Yours for shipping if they will work for you.

OP
OP
B

Basketcase

Tom's hooked me up. I should have the parts here early next week. Thanks everyone that responded.